jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Going to buy a grapple and have talked to EA. I know the grapple
I need/want.

Question:

Is plumbing for all grapples the same? I am not handy enough to install the 3rd function so I was going to have my dealer install it and order the grapple from EA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Going to buy a grapple and have talked to EA. I know the grapple
I need/want.

Question:

Is plumbing for all grapples the same? I am not handy enough to install the 3rd function so I was going to have my dealer install it and order the grapple from EA.

Also, I guess the control
For grapple comes with the grapple?

Is that an easy install?

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
The third function IS what controls the grapple. The only installation issue you may have is whether the quick disconnects on the tractor are a match for those on the grapple. So, get the third function installed first, then tell the grapple supplier what type of QD's you need.

Plumbing for a grapple is the same as any double acting cylinder, two hoses.

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
So I just did this on a BX. I ordered a landpride 3rd valve kit from Messicks. They had the installation manual and the dealer install manual (with pictures) on there website. It is really a straight forward install. Only problem is that a BX is real close quarters and tight spaces. Even if you don’t want to do the install reading the install manuals will give you a better idea of how it works.

I order my grapple from EA. I already have the quick disconnects I want to use so they are sending it without any and adjusted the price for that.

As was said the kit gives you the controls (2 electric switches that control 2 solenoids that open and close the hydraulic valves) this stays on the tractor. I put male and female quick connects on my tractor end so the hoses hook up the same way each time. This ensures that my top switch will always open the grapple and the bottom will close it.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
Thx for the info, that was my main question: are quick connects universal or not? I didn’t want to get it all done and it not connect.

Any more info appreciated.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Thx for the info, that was my main question: are quick connects universal or not? I didn’t want to get it all done and it not connect.

Any more info appreciated.

Almost universal. There are 2 types but one type is much more common than the other. You'll probably be compatible.
I just bought a WR Long 3rd function kit and it works great with my EA single lid. The send the grapple with the most common connectors unless you specify otherwise.