Grapple for LA344S Quick Attach loader

Anglian

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Mar 19, 2022
Virginia
I recently purchased a BX2680 with an LA344S style loader with the ISO standard Quick Attach mechanism, (not the skid steer quick attach mechanism). I am now looking for a suitable grapple to use with this loader, (I have the third function valve already installed). However, I cannot find a single product that interfaces directly with the Quick Attach mechanism on my loader. Can anyone give me some advice?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I recently purchased a BX2680 with an LA344S style loader with the ISO standard Quick Attach mechanism, (not the skid steer quick attach mechanism). I am now looking for a suitable grapple to use with this loader, (I have the third function valve already installed). However, I cannot find a single product that interfaces directly with the Quick Attach mechanism on my loader. Can anyone give me some advice?
I'm pretty sure the LA344S uses the SAE J2513 standard SSQA, dimensions below:
SSQA Dimensions SAE J2513.png

You may need to change the hydraulic couplings to match.

Anglian

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Mar 19, 2022
Virginia
I'm pretty sure the LA344S uses the SAE J2513 standard SSQA, dimensions below:
View attachment 76759
You may need to change the hydraulic couplings to match.
You are correct. That is the bucket mounting system. How do I identify which grapples are going to fit this system? There are so many different spacings it is quite confusing. In particular will skid steer type grapples fit and if so how do I identify which ones? Thanks very much for the help.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I'm confused, I thought there was only one type of quick attach by Kubota.. that being the skid steer version.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You are correct. That is the bucket mounting system. How do I identify which grapples are going to fit this system? There are so many different spacings it is quite confusing. In particular will skid steer type grapples fit and if so how do I identify which ones? Thanks very much for the help.
Any SSQA grapple will physically fit. But for a BX, weight will be critical. I can't really help, but here's a link to a fairly recent thread that should help. I'm sure BX owners will reply before long.