Grader Scraper for BX2680

BotaGuy

Equipment
BX2680, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Piranha Bar, Boom Pole
Nov 22, 2020
Ott16*9*9
Looking to buy a grader scrape, land plane, or whatever you'd like to call it for my BX2680. According to Kubota I should not go over 437 lbs. All the scrapers I find near me in stock are 500-550 lbs. Will my toy tractor struggle with that much weight? I have 1000 ft of driveway I'd like to maintain (rock and dirt). Do I need to settle on a lighter model w/o scarifiers and adjustability, not to mention waiting forever to get one and paying shipping costs?

Imput much appreciated.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don’t think it will struggle pulling it, but it might struggle lifting it. Assuming you can lift it up, I think you would be good. I have a GS1572 inch. The manual says it weighs 594 lbs and I leave the QH15 on. my L2501 handles it fine. You could always let it barely touch the ground or raise the blades a tiny bit.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
There is a huge weight difference between a L and BX series machine. If that scraper is engaging any hard packed ground your tractor will loose traction and the wheels will spin...or the scraper blades will just bounce over the ground. You just don't have enough weight to pull it when there is ground resistance. If your road is already fairly loose or you are grading when it is damp hopefully it will work fine. Something like a landpride GS1548?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Whatever you get, make sure it's wider than the rear tires of your BX, especially if you ever intend to use it in reverse. Ballast is a must to make the little BX as heavy as you can. You've got a lever to control how much you're trying to pull with it, so you can control how much it digs and how much it loads up your tractor. You may have to make a few more passes if you can indeed pick it up. A box blade might do well, and would be a little lighter than the grader/scraper, or if the drive isn't too bad a shape to start with, one of the land planes. They're great for maintaining, but I don't think I'd want to do a major repair with one.