GR2120

TjR

Sep 15, 2022
wisconsin
I am looking a buying a new GR2120 but I am concerned about the transmission problems I am reading about. Are the new models a lot better now. I will be using it for mowing and blowing snow. When did they upgrade the transmission with bearing instead of bushing. I also read some people saying it does not cut very even. The tractor has everything I am looking for. Four wheel drive, tight turning radius, and shaft driven mower deck and snow blower. The other options are John Deere x500 series but mower and snow blower are belt driven and X700 series is getting a little big in size.

BigPapi

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, 60" LP Landscape Rake and 48" LP Box Blade
Sep 23, 2021
Vermont
I am looking a buying a new GR2120 but I am concerned about the transmission problems I am reading about. Are the new models a lot better now. I will be using it for mowing and blowing snow. When did they upgrade the transmission with bearing instead of bushing. I also read some people saying it does not cut very even. The tractor has everything I am looking for. Four wheel drive, tight turning radius, and shaft driven mower deck and snow blower. The other options are John Deere x500 series but mower and snow blower are belt driven and X700 series is getting a little big in size.
I too was looking into buying a fairly new but used gr2120 and my early research revealed the same thing. Upon checking further I found that Kubota fixed some of these issues but I can’t seem to remember what the exact date was. Anyhow if you buy new you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user