Gr2120 issue

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Hey awesome OTT folks. I have a 2012 ish gr2120 diesel engine. Today while mowing every once in a while lost power as if maybe a low oil sensor was shutting it down. Almost every time after either going up a hill or on a sideway hill. Oil is fine. It seemed like running out of fuel. I would slow down and cut the PTO and it would start to power up. Air filter is new and clean.
I am wondering if the seat switch is going bad? I always use my hand on the seat while on the sideway hill and scoot up on the fender.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hey awesome OTT folks. I have a 2012 ish gr2120 diesel engine. Today while mowing every once in a while lost power as if maybe a low oil sensor was shutting it down. Almost every time after either going up a hill or on a sideway hill. Oil is fine. It seemed like running out of fuel. I would slow down and cut the PTO and it would start to power up. Air filter is new and clean.
I am wondering if the seat switch is going bad? I always use my hand on the seat while on the sideway hill and scoot up on the fender.
Check that you are not having a fueling problem.

Try the tractor, with a full tank in those locations where it currently has issues. Often gravity can deliver fuel from the tank to the injection pump under many circumstances but on slopes or when fuel levels drop you need a working fuel aka LIFT pump to keep the injection pump supplied.

If the engine cuts out going up a slope, try backing up the same slope as then you have reversed the relative positions of the fuel tank and injection pump.

Dave

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Check that you are not having a fueling problem.

Try the tractor, with a full tank in those locations where it currently has issues. Often gravity can deliver fuel from the tank to the injection pump under many circumstances but on slopes or when fuel levels drop you need a working fuel aka LIFT pump to keep the injection pump supplied.

If the engine cuts out going up a slope, try backing up the same slope as then you have reversed the relative positions of the fuel tank and injection pump.

Dave
Thanks Dave. In the past when near empty tank I have had this issue. I just figured that going up hill or sideways made it seem empty. I do have a full tank and it seems not to do it while directly going up the hill or across but a short time after. I may un plug the seat safety switch and bypass to see if it that. Like I said it’s almost like a safety switch thing going on. Bad fuel pump? Maybe.

Istrian

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Mar 10, 2011
New Zealand
Greetings from New Zealand. Recently I had somewhat similar problems with my GR2120. Turned out to be the fuel pump. Seems that over the years the electrical wires leading in to the fuel pump broke down where they go into the pump housing - probably from constant viabration. Eventualy the pump stopped. Had to replace the pump.

Reactions: 1 users