Got the BX23S delivered today

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I went round and round on buying my 1st TLB, I didn't think a BX23S was going to be...... well big enough.
But found out that trying pull a B2650 w BH77 with filled tires was close to 4,000 lbs + about 2,000 lbs for the trailer was putting my '02 Tundra at it's max. Trailer rental dealer said.... just don't do it. And I agreed.

So the more I thought about it the more a BX23S would probably be the perfect tractor for me.... and it was about $8,300 less than the really good deal I could of got on the B2650/BH77

Tomorrow I am going to do many hours of Practice on the backhoe....
I am very excited!!, Kinda like my 1st car (that was 40 years ago).

Attachments

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Give yourself some practice time
Taking the FEL on/off also...

Things can go wrong quickly if you don’t have things lined up perfectly when you hook it back up.

.... don’t ask how I know

LoL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
You are going to really enjoy your BX23S. I really like mine! One thing to remember, sometimes you can't use brute force to do things you could do with a larger tractor, but if you take your time and are patient, you will get the job done. :)

Couple of things to think about getting for the tractor.
1) If you have hills, you may want to look at some kind of wheel spacers for the back tires. It will make you more stable. I got 2 inch ones from Brotek and it makes a difference in how you feel on the tractor
2) Some kind for protection for the underneath of the tractor. Lots of soft parts that can get damaged. I got UnderArmor from BXPanded. Probably one of the first things you want to look at if you are in any kind of place where there are sticks and things that can poke up in there.

Lastly, a lot of times they come a bit low on hydraulic pressure. There are lots of threads on here about how to bump up the pressure. It will make a difference in how much it digs. Especially for the backhoe. Once I bumped mine up, I could break roots of stumps I couldn't do before.

You will be amazed at all of the little things you can get for it. Everyone of them will make it a little bit better and easier to use. Enjoy! :)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats. The BX's are great machines.
Be careful and think about what you are doing. Backhoe operation speed will come with practice.

PS...You may need something to wipe the smile off your face in the pic. Remember, operating a backhoe is supposed to be "work". :D

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Howdy from across the hill and up the road a bit. Congrats on your new tractor!

For me getting the BX23S was a steep learning curve as it was my first tractor, so much to learn.

If I may, some advice on the removal and installation of the FEL and BH. There are videos on youtube to look at and my dealer gave a short demo on delivery but I missed a few finer points. The FEL uses the bucket curl mostly to attach & detach (see the owners manual) which for me was not intuitive at first. Also the tractor and FEL must be dead level with each other left to right for an easy hook up. If you get in a situation where one of the vertical lift arms is behind the other, back out as much as you can while still having the lines attached and run the lift cylinders in to the stops. When they come back out they will be aligned again.

On the BH it is easier as you can use the stabilizer arms to level the pins and receivers for the lower points.

Enjoy and have fun!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I experienced a similar grin about a year ago!

Congrat's & work safe. :)

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
Enjoy, my Bx23s is about year and half old, and I love it more every day. I just bought a other house that will become a rental, and some land can’t wait to get down there and do some work with it.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
The one thing I forgot to mention was....

Thank You to the Orange Tractor Talks forum

I can't thank the OTT members enough..... You folks are the BEST !!!! :)