Got lucky and found one in stock

hobby farmer

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Apr 17, 2023
NW Oregon
Hey all, we're on about 25 acres of hilly timber and have been window shopping for the last year. At first I wanted to get an l2501, then decided I wanted a stump grinder and a little more power would be good so we started looking at the 3302. But the 3902 is just a little more....

Funny how each step up is just a few thousand more. Anyway, we decided on the l3560 with the la805. I assumed we'd have to order but our dealer had the tractor, loader, rotary cutter, and pallet forks that we wanted in stock. Tractor/loader was only about 3k more than we were quoted for the 3302.

We've put about 10 hours on it in the last couple weeks and so far I'm impressed. It's much more stable on the hills than the B series we've borrowed in the past

Attachments

Reactions: 14 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's a fantastic machine, and a very fine upgrade from an L2501. Well done! And in stock is becoming more common, I expect discounts will be coming back one day soon as well.

hobby farmer

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Apr 17, 2023
NW Oregon
The only discount we got that I know of was the 300 of the first implement for the rcr1872. I wish I'd got the box blade at the same time for $500 off the second. Price was still about 3k more than the quote that we got last november, but we got R4s and rimguard in the rears.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Amazing tractor! You'll love it!
Congratulations!

Mike

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
I went light years ahead of a JD 1025R to a cabbed L5460. Felt everything you do and more at my age. If you want a place to stash the chain, you can get caps for the FEL tube from

I've done a number of things to reduce anything lifting, yanking, pulling, and twisting. Some of the stuff is a bit pricey, but it's solid. The seat bottoms out after 220 pounds. I'm going to stuff some pool noodle material behind the accordion cover.

hobby farmer

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Apr 17, 2023
NW Oregon
Thanks for the tip, I might have to try that. I havent been under 220 since high school and adjusted as firm as possible it's not quite enough.

I'll take a look at their stuff. For now I've got 30 feet of logging chain in the bucket. It works but it's in the way. Been looking at the ITC Saw Boss and chain box pretty hard, probably going to order that soon.

I went light years ahead of a JD 1025R to a cabbed L5460. Felt everything you do and more at my age. If you want a place to stash the chain, you can get caps for the FEL tube from

I've done a number of things to reduce anything lifting, yanking, pulling, and twisting. Some of the stuff is a bit pricey, but it's solid. The seat bottoms out after 220 pounds. I'm going to stuff some pool noodle material behind the accordion cover.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks for the tip, I might have to try that. I havent been under 220 since high school and adjusted as firm as possible it's not quite enough.

I'll take a look at their stuff. For now I've got 30 feet of logging chain in the bucket. It works but it's in the way. Been looking at the ITC Saw Boss and chain box pretty hard, probably going to order that soon.
Before you order a chain box, check out the combination grill guard and chain bucket. The bucket holds a 20’ chain with grab hooks. Call them and they can make anything to fit any tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
Can I ask how much?

I have a B2601 that is great, but I always feel like I went a little too small...though.. once gardening season comes and I have to move mulch and plants I'll likely find it a little big.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

While Paul and Kathy Short certainly do make great Kubota mods, the caps used for FEL tube ends can be bought locally at Home Depot ($7.34), Lowe's, and Amazon.

They are described as: (plumbing) "plastic mechanical test plug"
At 3"- 3-1/2" they are a bit too small for the Kubota loader steel tubing.
The fix, is to push in a very short piece of 4" PVC pipe first, and then install the plugs.

Reactions: 1 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Congratulations on your new tractor. Careful working in the woods without some overhead protection.
Square tubing tool, chain, chainsaw holders are the
IMG_1401.jpeg
IMG_0863.jpeg
most used accessory I’ve got. Spraying weeds today so holds the wand when transporting.

hobby farmer

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Apr 17, 2023
NW Oregon
Can I ask how much?

I have a B2601 that is great, but I always feel like I went a little too small...though.. once gardening season comes and I have to move mulch and plants I'll likely find it a little big.
I think the tractor/loader/bucket with R4s filled with rimguard was between 33 and 34. The quote we had for the l3302 was right around 30 I think. I wish I'd jumped on the 3560 at the state fair last year for 27k with loader. Oh well, prices aren't going down so might as well jump now.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
While Paul and Kathy Short certainly do make great Kubota mods, the caps used for FEL tube ends can be bought locally at Home Depot ($7.34), Lowe's, and Amazon.

They are described as: (plumbing) "plastic mechanical test plug"
At 3"- 3-1/2" they are a bit too small for the Kubota loader steel tubing.
The fix, is to push in a very short piece of 4" PVC pipe first, and then install the plugs.
Here’s the 3.75” for 4” tube : https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-Gripper-4-in-Plastic-Mechanical-Test-Plug-33403D/100204964

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I bought the largest diameter Oatey plug that HD had for sale, and I still had to use a very short piece of 4" PVC to properly size the tubes for the plugs.
I am not near my tractor, but assume that my Kubota loader cross tubes may have an inside diameter approaching 4-1/2".
The cross tubes on my L48 TLB may be larger than others, to accommodate the heavier Kubota 1150 loader, with HD bucket.

Last edited: