Glow plug switch malfunction

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Workshop Manual 9Y121-05200 covers both the L3200 and the L3800.

On the HST model, the HST switch is double pole, HST switch 1 and HST switch 2. Terminals 1 and 2 are switch 1; terminals 3 and 4 are switch 2.

Besides the HST pedal mechanical link to the switch plunger, it sometimes happens that the switch works it's way up from its metal casing. So you may want to check that the switch is fully seated. (It's by your right foot.)

Anything that you wish to cross-check from your electronic copy I can look at on my paper copy.

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Ok, we can wrap this thread up. Slipped out of work early to work on the Kubota. I checked the HST pedal and it was moving the safety switch plunger but I heard no clicking. So I reached down and depressed the plunger with my finger and heard a substantial click. Held it and turned the key. Fired right up. Easiest way to adjust the HST switch is remove the bolt holding the bracket and then adjust it. Reinstalled, removed the wire the PO had installed, buttoned everything up and we are back to original. From reading this forum, those HST switches are a major source of aggravation. I got this L3800 with 187hrs for a VERY good price. Well worth a few hours of trouble shooting (for a misadjusted switch) to save $5000-$7000. And gave me an opportunity to learn my tractor and brush up on mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting skills. Thanks Wolfman, Jim L and the others. Invaluable information. You guys were spot on with it being a safety switch and not the relay.

Last edited: