Glow plug issue

Kingstrucking

Equipment
Kubota L35
Apr 5, 2021
Usa
I would use a block heater to supplement the glow plugs, not replace them. The pushbutton to ground the relay coil seems like the least disruptive quick fix. I'd use a momentary switch to make sure I didn't inadvertently leave them on.
I bought a controller on eBay for much less $$ ($39) than Kubota, in case you decide to go that way.
Thanks everyone. I think I'm just going to go the block heater route. One I can plug in. Is 600 watt one big enough?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There's NO way a 600 watt 'block heater' will replace 3 glowplugs to get her running. Maybe, just maybe IF it's stored in a heated garage(say 80*F). Had a 1200 watter on my forklift,almost ok on cool days, useless when Winter came though.
The very best a block heater does is warm up the coolant, oil and battery , to help spin the engine, does zip to HEAT the cylinders to 'diesel firing temperature'. depending on temperature, even A POWERFUL ( 1500 WATT) block heater will not help. The engine NEEDS 3 working gloplugs.

Kingstrucking

Equipment
Kubota L35
Apr 5, 2021
Usa
There's NO way a 600 watt 'block heater' will replace 3 glowplugs to get her running. Maybe, just maybe IF it's stored in a heated garage(say 80*F). Had a 1200 watter on my forklift,almost ok on cool days, useless when Winter came though.
The very best a block heater does is warm up the coolant, oil and battery , to help spin the engine, does zip to HEAT the cylinders to 'diesel firing temperature'. depending on temperature, even A POWERFUL ( 1500 WATT) block heater will not help. The engine NEEDS 3 working gloplugs.
Sorry if this is repeating itself from earlier posts but I did put a text light on the wiring that goes directly to the glow plugs. I have nothing it won't even light up. So nothing hot obviously to it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A hair dryer aimed at the intakes will help start a non-working-glow-plug tractor.
NEVER use starting fluid or ether.

Kingstrucking

Equipment
Kubota L35
Apr 5, 2021
Usa
A hair dryer aimed at the intakes will help start a non-working-glow-plug tractor.
NEVER use starting fluid or ether.
I did follow the wire from the glow plugs which is black with a white strip as far as I could in the wiring harness. When all the wires come through behind the dash I can only find 2 wires of the same color and size. One goes to the glow relay and other to a 4 wire plug for the key switch

Kingstrucking

Equipment
Kubota L35
Apr 5, 2021
Usa
I did follow the wire from the glow plugs which is black with a white strip as far as I could in the wiring harness. When all the wires come through behind the dash I can only find 2 wires of the same color and size. One goes to the glow relay and other to a 4 wire plug for the key switch
All I had a farmer buddy stop by today and help test the glow plugs and go over wiring with me. After he left he suggested a block heater where the soft plug goes. I know everyone has different options on to use a block heater or not, what watts, etc but I just need to know where I can find the soft plug on my Kubota L35. I can't find it in my wsm that I downloaded