Getting ready to retire, what did you treat yourself with?

avijithazra123

Dec 25, 2022
canada
I'm 48 now, but I don't feel old. On the contrary, I think I am getting better and smarter every year, except that it has become more challenging for me to do physical work. I changed my profession to a locksmith and opened a small company. I had to move because I learned that the required training to become a locksmith varies from state to state. Working as a locksmith turned out to be easier than I had imagined, so I didn't bother. By the way, I learned to play golf and changed my hair. Life is even better after 45. I hope things are going well for you too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
I'm 48 now, but I don't feel old. On the contrary, I think I am getting better and smarter every year, except that it has become more challenging for me to do physical work. I changed my profession to a locksmith and opened a small company. I had to move because I learned that the required training to become a locksmith varies from state to state. Working as a locksmith turned out to be easier than I had imagined, so I didn't bother. By the way, I learned to play golf and changed my hair. Life is even better after 45. I hope things are going well for you too.
I still feel younger than my 65 yrs, but it takes a lot more work to keep fit. I am a year round jogger and casual weight lifter.

My town has a half marathon 1st weekend every October, so I train all Summer for that. Even though I am as fast as I was 15yrs ago, it takes more mental and physical effort.

I am loving my choice of retirement hobby though. CNC cutting is fun! Cut these yesterday.

Attachments