olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
SOOOO ****** hilarious!
Now I have to go change my shorts.:D
Now, if that was games and cell phones I would be on my way to the hospital.;):D:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I smell a fake set of videos... Just what I think, if you watch a couple more, its kinda like scripted reality TV...:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I smell a fake set of videos... Just what I think, if you watch a couple more, its kinda like scripted reality TV...:D
I see what you mean. :rolleyes: Hit close to home though :D I wanted to torch my kids Xbox and games over similar conversations :rolleyes: Would have too, if my wife would have let me :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I wonder who is at fault when a kid that old is that useless?

Bit of drama, it did make me giggle though.
Some kids are hard wired that way :mad: Parents can do everything in there power to raise them to be a responsible adult and still have one turn out that way. We had one that we had to sit down and inform them that they were down to two options since he refused to grow up, get a job and be a responsible adult. Military or be homeless. It was the hardest thing we ever did, but he's finally doing semi decent now. But he also has a personality where he has to hit rock bottom before a little life lesson will sink in. Before that little lesson hits him like a brick, my wife and I are just being stupid. After it hits, we were right and "I should have listened" :rolleyes:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
While the series appears to be contrived, the comments by many appear to support his behavior and many think the dad should be locked up.

No wonder the Millennials prefer an "elastic Constitution." Evidently some think free room and board at your parents is a right while pulling your weight and supporting yourself is criminal.

If this family was a wolf pack, the son would be eaten by a competing pack or a bear as his pack sat and watched.:eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If this family was a wolf pack, the son would be eaten by a competing pack or a bear as his pack sat and watched.
Hell, I'd be putting barbeque sauce on him!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"If this family was a wolf pack, the son would be eaten by a competing pack or a bear as his pack sat and watched."

If this was a wild herd of horses this wouldn't exist. The lead mare would move the young colt way out from the herd. Very soon, before dark for sure, the youngster senses survival is determined by the protection of the herd and joins in. Continued training ensues and if behavior remains rebellious the mare does not let the colt rejoin the herd.

When change doesn't happen the colt becomes a meal for other critters, and the herd becomes genetically stronger.

But that's way to strong for a civilized, social human population!!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
It appears there may have been some enabling by the parents. Where did the games and computer and attitude come from? Need to bring back the draft, boot camp! for all.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Some kids are hard wired that way :mad: Parents can do everything in there power to raise them to be a responsible adult and still have one turn out that way. We had one that we had to sit down and inform them that they were down to two options since he refused to grow up, get a job and be a responsible adult. Military or be homeless. It was the hardest thing we ever did, but he's finally doing semi decent now. But he also has a personality where he has to hit rock bottom before a little life lesson will sink in. Before that little lesson hits him like a brick, my wife and I are just being stupid. After it hits, we were right and "I should have listened" :rolleyes:
I bet that was one of the hardest things you have ever had to do! Good for you and your Wife.

I have taken a lot of "yah, whatever old guy" and spent some very cold nights with their mama bear. I am apparently stupid as stump as well!

My Bride and I are very proud of our Sons , I can assure you that they are not saints and I have had to help them get out of chit once in a while? Just never enabled them to not be accountable.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I bet that was one of the hardest things you have ever had to do! Good for you and your Wife.

I have taken a lot of "yah, whatever old guy" and spent some very cold nights with their mama bear. I am apparently stupid as stump as well!

My Bride and I are very proud of our Sons , I can assure you that they are not saints and I have had to help them get out of chit once in a while? Just never enabled them to not be accountable.

We're the same way with ours as well. Bailed them all out a couple of times. No enabling either. Left them to sweat and figure it out on there own a time or too also.
They absolutely hate it when we say "nope" should have thought of that before drinking your rent money away ;) figure it out. moving back in isn't an option.
We had some rough patches, but they are doing good now.
Have you noticed that we are stupid till they have kids? Then all of a sudden it clicks and they are harping on there kids for the same things we harped on them about :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I told Dad something along those lines one,, I said you know Dad the older I get the smarter you are