General Quick Hitch Top Hook

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
General Quick Hitch - Top Hook Question

I really love my Pats Quick Hitches but they are my first quick hitch system and I have nothing else to compare them to.
So Im curious if I ever come across a new or used deal out there sometime I might want to buy a solid one piece quick hitch.
1 ) My first question is on the one piece quick hitch assemblies, do you ever have to adjust that top third arm hook on the quick hitch for different attachments because of the different horizontal height spacing's between the lift arm pins and the upper link ?
2 ) Also I have a quick hitch ready finish mower and the upper third arm attachment on this mower is just like many other implements, it swivels up and down and so I cant see a lock down secure on the top hook in any of the pictures I see to keep the implements top attachment from flopping out.
Im sure that Im missing something here but need to be educated.
Please help with these two questions.
Thanks

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: General Quick Hitch - Top Hook Question

I really love my Pats Quick Hitches but they are my first quick hitch system and I have nothing else to compare them to.
So Im curious if I ever come across a new or used deal out there sometime I might want to buy a solid one piece quick hitch.
1 ) My first question is on the one piece quick hitch assemblies, do you ever have to adjust that top third arm hook on the quick hitch for different attachments because of the different horizontal height spacing's between the lift arm pins and the upper link ?
2 ) Also I have a quick hitch ready finish mower and the upper third arm attachment on this mower is just like many other implements, it swivels up and down and so I cant see a lock down secure on the top hook in any of the pictures I see to keep the implements top attachment from flopping out.
Thanks
In a perfect world, all your Implements that are Cat 1, should be the same height, but that's not always the case.
I have altered all of mine to make them all the same height and it makes it pretty dang handy to hook them all up without having to ever move the top hook!

If your finish mower is truly Quick Hitch ready then it will have the adapter that attaches to the top of the QH, it can't pop out because the top link is attached to the bottom pins so the distance between the bottom pins and the top pin never changes, as apposed to the standard three point top link that can rise independently from the lower arms.
I have a brush mower that was not QH compatible and just a little fab work made it QH compatible.

Last edited:

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have a Cat 1 # pt hitch on Kubota 2650. the bottom pin holes are larger than the top pin. I purchased Kubota ballast box and the holes are all same size. The bottom holes would also use small pins but are loose in the hitch lower arm swivels. Do I need to drill out the balastt box holes to fit larger pins. Seems pins should be tight in the swivel ball on lower arms.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is a really good set, if you notice it also comes with the bushing/roller for the top link pin too.

Last edited:

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
This is all great info.
Thanks for all the help.
Now I know that I have options should I buy something and it doesnt fit just right.
Great !

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Re: General Quick Hitch - Top Hook Question

Thanks
I went the opposite way. After tinkering with implements getting the 2 different quick hitches tuned in (separate tractors) i finally gave up and went with pats for my lower arms.
With my hydro toplink its super easy now to hookup even a rented or borrowed implement.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I have the PAT's QH too, but not really liking it. It seems like its more trouble to use (for me) than the standard Kubota ball-socket pin setup.

I spent an hour yesterday installing my rear 3-point weights. Would have been easier I think without the PATs setup. Maybe if my rear weight were parked on a stand with wheels it wouldn't be so hard.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
While the pictured unit is indeed a hydraulic top link, there are manual links available with the hook end. :cool:
Yes where did you find them ?
If I ever upgrade to a newer tractor (Good Lord willing) someday then you can bet I would love to have something like this or similar to it.
I would also like a lift arm that has a (Ford like) crank or hydraulic :cool:
Thanks for all the great ideas.