Gear Box Lub on Kubota Belly Mower

JerryC999

Equipment
B7100HST
Aug 16, 2014
Simpsonville, KY
I have a B7100 with a RC60-71B belly mower on it. I have figured out all the grease points (I think), but am wondering how the main gear box that attaches to the PTO gets its lubrication refreshed. Is it a reservoir? Where is the plug? How much oil? Gear oil? Hydrostatic fluid?

Attached is a picture of it. What is its maintenance?

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
The plug on the side is the fill and the check plug. There should be a drain, but if not pull the top cover off and suck it out with a suction gun and replace. They originally came with UDT, then most of them were switched over to gear lube, however, I have best luck using "00" grease. It's more solid like grease when its cold, as then as it gets heated up, turns into more of a gear lube. If the gearbox is dry, you need to replace the seals, and probably the bearings, hopefully the gearset and shafts are fine

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
It will, but I wouldn't use it if you can avoid it. It's thinner, so it's easier to leak out of the output shaft seal

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Go get some synthetic gear grease from Wally world or a auto part store. One bottle will do several change outs.