GCK60-26BX Grass Catcher Bagger Feedback and Info Needed

buckslayer5676

Feb 4, 2014
USA
I may be in the market soon for a grass catcher/bagger for my BX2360 and am interested in the GCK60-26BX model but I've only found limited information on it.

This models appears to connect via the 3 point hitch vs. the fixed mount version of the GCK60-23BX model.

Does anyone have this model that they can comment and provide feedback on as to how they like it? It seems like it may be more convenient to put on and take off than the 23BX model since you don't have to remove the 3 point arms.

Is this the newest version that Kubota has come out with to replace the GCK60-23BX model?

Thanks!

Rick in CT

Equipment
BX2360, loader, snow blower, blade, mower
Feb 2, 2015
Wallingford, CT
Hello Buckslayer,

I have the same tractor, BX2360 and I have the GCK60-26BX grass catcher. You are correct that this model connects to the 3 point hitch. This is the newer model that replaced the 23BX model. As part of the kit, you have to replace a few pieces in the three point hitch area, but these changes remain in place permanently and work with your other 3-point attachments. The grass catcher unit is quite heavy, and they recommend using the front weights with it. The weight becomes greater when you have bags full of grass. Note that the weight kit is fairly expensive. I really purchased the grass catcher for doing leaf pick-up in the fall, and it works great for this. It also does very well on grass pick-up. I have attached a number of pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
I am confused. We bought a GCK-26BX (sn 10392) in March of this year for a BX1870-1. It has the bracket mount, not the 3pt arm mount. It was ordered in, so should be the most current offering.

I would say the arm mount is probably quicker/easier to hook up and remove. The bracket mount does keep everything closer to the back of the tractor, lessening the effect on the front axle. Like Rick, our primary use will be leaf removal. Crazy expensive, $100.00 more than the LA203A loader! Have to admit though, it does a really nice job. As good or better than the JD Powerflow system we were using with bulky 'junk' hanging off the mower deck.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Rick, in your last picture I see some hard-plumbed rear facing hydraulic connectors.
Are these factory installed or some aftermarket kit?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Thanks Rick.
I looks like there are two controls (like implement/plow tilt and lift). Does it just provide momentary hyd. assistance (up or down, right or left), or does it provide continuous flow to operate a hyd. motor too?

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Hello Buckslayer,

I have the same tractor, BX2360 and I have the GCK60-26BX grass catcher. You are correct that this model connects to the 3 point hitch. This is the newer model that replaced the 23BX model. As part of the kit, you have to replace a few pieces in the three point hitch area, but these changes remain in place permanently and work with your other 3-point attachments. The grass catcher unit is quite heavy, and they recommend using the front weights with it. The weight becomes greater when you have bags full of grass. Note that the weight kit is fairly expensive. I really purchased the grass catcher for doing leaf pick-up in the fall, and it works great for this. It also does very well on grass pick-up. I have attached a number of pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick
Would you be able to send a picture of the upper brackets that the adjustable arms connect to. I'd imagine they mount to the rear of the tractor? My neighbour just picked one up and I think we're missing these.