G6200H Wiring Issues Part 2

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I thought that I had solved my wiring issues on my G6200H when I rewired it last weekend. I took it to the land today to cut grass. I cut about an acre when I noticed that the temperature gauge was not working. Because it has overheated in the past due to clogging of the radiator screen, I pulled under one of the oak trees and shut it off to check the screen. I went to start it back up and absolutely nothing worked. Checked the battery terminals and found the positive slightly loose and was hoping that was the problem but no luck. Took out the battery and started checking continuity between the wires in the engine area and PAST the connector in the dashboard. None found to have broken continuity. Unplugged and re-plugged all of the barrel connectors that I found. Everything had continuity. Put the battery back in and she starts right up. Go to get electrical tape to temporarily cover the wires that I exposed with my tests. Go to start it and nothing again. I started shaking wires while listening for the tell tale fuel pump click to know if and when I found something loose. Found the red wire that runs from the solenoid to the key switch when moved gave me a connection. I assumed that it was the key switch end that had a problem. Commenced moving it around and couldn't get the connection back again. I looked in the dash and saw the wire swinging freely in the wind and saw that the wire broke off inside the connector. I cut the wire from the other side of the connector and, again, temporarily taped them together so I could finish mowing. No further problems were encountered. That is until I got it stuck in the mud and had to pull it out with the truck.