G6200 rear PTO operation and G4000 tiller

swamp-yankee904

Equipment
1986 Kubota G6200, HST with rear PTO option, G4000 Rotor Tiller
Nov 16, 2020
Florida
Greetings,
I am a newbee here and have found some great information. However, I am feeling pretty stupid - I have a G6200 HST with the mower deck mounted running off the front belt drive PTO, it is also equipped with the rear PTO, 3 point hitch and hydro lift for the mover deck. Got all excited when I needed the G4000 Tiller for some work, got it all mounted etc, then realized I don't know how the rear PTO is driven, can find no levers etc. Went through all the documentation I have and can't find anything useful.
If anyone can educate me on how the rear PTO works I would very much appreciate it.
feeling stupid in Florida
rick

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
A G6200 equipped with both 3pt & PTO is a rare duck for sure. Thinking the hydraulic deck lift was standard for the 6200.

I could be wrong on this, but some how I'm thinking the PTO is run off hydraulics. The few photos I have seen it appears the PTO was a self contained affair that bolted to the axel housing.

Do you have more than one lever on the spool valve?

swamp-yankee904

Equipment
Nov 16, 2020
Florida
A G6200 equipped with both 3pt & PTO is a rare duck for sure. Thinking the hydraulic deck lift was standard for the 6200.

I could be wrong on this, but some how I'm thinking the PTO is run off hydraulics. The few photos I have seen it appears the PTO was a self contained affair that bolted to the axel housing.

Do you have more than one lever on the spool valve?
Hi and thanks for your reply,
I'm including some pictures. The rotortiller is supported by the 3 point hitch and the shaft is a universal joint with a splined shaft on the tractor side and square drive into the tiller. There are 2 levers under the right side of the seat that are 1) for the mower deck lift and 2) for the 3 point hitch lift. The only power take off lever is for the belt tensioner for the front PTO drive connected to the mower deck. Hope this helps. 20201122_131050.jpg 20201122_131115.jpg 20201122_131248.jpg

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Lets not forget that the rear PTO option was not often purchased so there are VERY few folks who have them in real life.

From looking at the online diagrams, ( https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/ ) it appears that the rear PTO is driven from the same lever/belts as the mowdeck.

It appears that the driveshaft for the mowdeck is to be removed and replaced with driveshaft which connects to the rear PTO assembly.(instead of the mowdeck)

I would suggest you review the online service manual for the rear PTO option to get familiar with how it functions.

swamp-yankee904

Equipment
Nov 16, 2020
Florida
Lets not forget that the rear PTO option was not often purchased so there are VERY few folks who have them in real life.

From looking at the online diagrams, ( https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/ ) it appears that the rear PTO is driven from the same lever/belts as the mowdeck.

It appears that the driveshaft for the mowdeck is to be removed and replaced with driveshaft which connects to the rear PTO assembly.(instead of the mowdeck)

I would suggest you review the online service manual for the rear PTO option to get familiar with how it functions.
Thanks for taking the time. I will go the the parts and see what I can find. Appreciate the insight and the link to the parts illustrations.

swamp-yankee904

Equipment
Nov 16, 2020
Florida
Just a quick update - long over due - but I finally put the tractor on the lift, removed the mower deck and searched through some spare parts that I eventually got from the previous owner, in the box was a longer drive shaft which, wouldn't you know, is exactly the length of the front pto drive to the splined shaft on the front of the rear PTO assembly. Got it all together, mounted the tiller on the 3 point hitch and I'm in business. The tiller works great, and removing the mower deck isn't much of a job.
Thanks to you all for taking the time to respond.