G6200 modification Your opinion Pls.

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Hi Gang,
I have the g 6200, and it has flimsy foot rests that are fiberglass and require rubber pads,
I am thinking of notching them out and making diamond plate foot rests, blue of course.
Any better ideas??
I appreciate your input.
dave

G6200 (1).jpg

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Could just reapply new fiberglass to it and make it stronger. And WOW that thing looks good on the back end, did you clean it or have you been painting?

Amarkland

Equipment
G6200
Jun 14, 2012
Savoy, MA
Funny you should mention flimsy runningboards on the G6200, I just broke mine the other day in just about the same exact location yours is broken! The diamond plate does sound good, especially in that Kubota engine blue!

I was thinking of just patching mine with a little resin and then reinforcing the back of it with some sheetmetal or something.

The fresh paint on the rear cowl and the deck look awesome! The orange paint is quite faded on mine and the calcium weighted rear wheels look awful.

Looking at your pic it, it seems like your tractor and mine both originally came from Capital Tractor South in NY state! Not unbelivable since we are both from Western Mass! Small world.

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Funny you should mention flimsy runningboards

Looking at your pic it, it seems like your tractor and mine both originally came from Capital Tractor South in NY state! Not unbelivable since we are both from Western Mass! Small world.
Small world indeed.
You know there are inexpensive replacement wheels available, aftermarket but made in USA. You could see a forum post of mine in tires and wheels ,titled rear wheel rot.
If I go for the foot rests in diamond plate it will be detailed here on the OTT.
Dave

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Foot rest pads for now: Rubber backed rug squares cut to fit.
(I got these when they redid the CVS carpet squares)
I used the harbor freight plastic rivet gun and backed them with a tight fitting washer.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

tractorslave

Equipment
B 6200 hst 4wd
Apr 16, 2012
Western MASS
Well you could always follow some ideas from the Delorean thread!
OK I am seriously humbled!!
I guess John is a wizard machinist and fabricator of stainless steel.
The Delorean is amazing.
I hope he found the wheel he was shopping for too!
That project deserves an award or something.
Thanks

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Why not repair the fiberglass and build supports underneath that bolt to the frame?

It would prevent the glass from cracking the future and would keep the stock look.

Just a thought

Nice work so far!

Steve