G6200 HST issues

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA
Hello Gents

I recently bought a bagger for a G6200 for my G5200 and it came with a G6200 and snowblower.
I love these old G’s! I now have a 42/52/ and a 6200. I’ve got room for one more but it’s gotta be a manual trans!

So, back to the HST... the 6200 was a little rough, I changed all the fluid and filters and it ran fairly decent except for some UDT2 blowing out of the full cap. I replaced the vent tube and suction rubber hose which solved that problem.

The issue I’m having is it’s losing power (HST) going down hills and it’s far noisier than my other 2 HST’s.

Fluid is topped off, all screens/filters have been replaced with new Kubota parts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA
It has the hydraulic deck lift which I’m sure adds a little extra fluid but I know these transmissions don’t like too much. It also has the deck on it, which engages/mows just fine other than the wonky HST.

Not much info on bad HST’s. Nor anything on rebuilding them. Refuse to pay 1500 for a new unit. There has to be a fix to this guy.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
I have owned a G5200 about 15 years now. A right decent machine. About 17xx hours on it.

How did it function prior to servicing? The noise and loss of power could be two different issues.

How did old hydro fluid look? How much debris in filter screen? Happen to cut open old filter?

Some ideas: air getting in system...high or low fluid amount....Fuel starvation....

Used transmissions pop-up on Ebay pretty regularly for not too bad money.

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA
Thanks for the reply!

the engine isn’t bogging down, it stays idled up the whole time. I wouldn’t think it’s in need of fuel. It’s almost like when you hit top speed(minus the whine/noise it makes).. like there just isn’t anything left in the pedal.

It had this problem since I got it....so I have no previous experience with the machine.

fluid and screen were clean and clear.

Thank you again for the help