G5200 mower

Brian N

Jun 22, 2013
emint
I have a G5200 lawn mower that I can not get to turn over. It was just fine until I shut it off after cutting 2 acres of grass. I wanted to fill up with Diesel fuel for the next cutting. I filled up wit the diesel fuel and now I can't get it to turn over. As first I thought it was a safety switch, but tested all of them and they seems to be good. I had the battery and starter tested and all seem to be working fine. When I took off the starter and had it tested I reinstalled and it did turn over a little, but stopped. I don't know where to go for here please help. I live in the South West suburbs of Chicago.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I have a G5200 lawn mower that I can not get to turn over. It was just fine until I shut it off after cutting 2 acres of grass. I wanted to fill up with Diesel fuel for the next cutting. I filled up wit the diesel fuel and now I can't get it to turn over. As first I thought it was a safety switch, but tested all of them and they seems to be good. I had the battery and starter tested and all seem to be working fine. When I took off the starter and had it tested I reinstalled and it did turn over a little, but stopped. I don't know where to go for here please help. I live in the South West suburbs of Chicago.
If it has a decompression lever or knob, pull it and then try turning the engine over by hand. This will tell you whether the engine is locked up or its something else causing the problem.
But yeah, I'm gonna guess its some kind of electrical issue, like a bad connection, bad ground or weak battery.

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
My Mom has a G5200, which I take care of, same thing happened to hers about 2 years ago, Battery.

Big Kahuna

Brian N

Jun 22, 2013
emint
I went and boughten a new battery and have the same issue still. Do you have any other thoughts? I can give you my number if easier.

Brian N

Jun 22, 2013
emint
The fuse under the ignition is good and the one that goes to the starter is good. Yes the lights work fine. Thanks for your help...

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
On your solenoid you have two wires, the small one is the trigger wire. Make up a test wire with an alligator clip on each end, attach one end to the post on the solenoid with the small wire, touch the other end of the test wire to the positive side of the battery.

If it turns over let us know.

Brian N

Jun 22, 2013
emint
We did the test wire and it did not turn over. My brother then used a jumper cable and grounded from another part of the frame and other to the solenoid and it turned over once. We did get it to turn over a few more times then nothing. We took of the starter and tested again and it didn't kick over. We then go it to turn over and reinstalled the engine started right up. I will order another starter just in case. -:) I can't thank all of you enough that responded. The good part is I have a new battery,cables and pressure washed it so should be good for years to come. Does anyone know of place I can order a starter from? If I buy from Kubota it will be expensive.