G5200 help

Firefight100

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 3, 2021
63379 troy mo
I am trying to remove the hydro petal on my g5200. I have removed the roll pin but now the pedal is frozen to the shaft. Been soaking with penetrant to get it loosened.. Impossible to use a torch due the the body being right next to it. Any ideas or special tools that might help? I ultimately need to remove the body.

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600 X2, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
Kroil penetrant or Mouse milk is great.
One of mine I clamped the control rod from the bottom then just worked it up and down till loose with a heat gun. BTW, you don't need a torch if you have a good heat gun with a quality penetrant. Take you time.
One 4200 I got the previous owner cut the front to get around the pedal and then bolted it back together with a sheet metal and bolts. It was ugly but it worked. I would only do that as a last resort. You can see from the picture that it's a vertical cut down to the pedal and then straight out. They had it put back together where the rubber was originally help down.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
What kind of penetrant? If it's WD-40 you are wasting yout time and money. The already mentioned Kroil is one of the best. (I've never heard of Mouse Milk.) PB Blaster is decent, as is Seafoam's Deep Creep.

Vibration is also helpful. If you have an air hammer, give it a rattle. Soak, rattle, soak, rattle.

If you can get one of these on there, it would probably work. I've heard they are fabulous on nuts and bolts.

Reactions: 1 users

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
I used PB blaster soaked for 2 days sprayed multiple times each day they I ended up using a gear puller a small one. pulled right off.

Reactions: 1 user