G5200 engine lope

walker1

New member
May 15, 2020
3
0
1
Canada
Hi first post, and I have a problem.

I recently bought a g5200 with a issue. When warmed up after a couple minutes about mid throttle it seems to like the engine wants to lope. So far we’ve changed all filters, pulled the tank to make sure there’s nothing plugging fuel flow, pulled the injection pump to make sure springs have tension, replaced the lift pump, visually checked lines for cracks or wet lines, and bled multiple times. My father in law believes the governor is out of adjustment. I’ve been playing with the hi/low idle speeds with some success. Also on a curious note and at my wits end, I pulled the power supple to the lift pump and after about 2 minutes the lope went away.

Could it be it just needs a new fuel line somewhere inbetween the lift pump and tank?

Thank you for any help!!
 

Cglaza

Member

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
176
2
18
Freeland, mi
I would inspect the suction side of the pump back to the tank. See if you can see air bubbles in the filter.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
 

walker1

New member
May 15, 2020
3
0
1
Canada
I would inspect the suction side of the pump back to the tank. See if you can see air bubbles in the filter.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response. I changed all the lines now. Still the same problem. End of my rope I added a bottle of seafoam and seems to running fine now. Must’ve just been a sticky injector.
 

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
7,182
563
83
USA
Seafoam, the magic elixir......:) I use it all the time.
 

GeoHorn

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
6,918
4,247
113
Texas
Flip... Why did you start to use SeaFoam? And When?