G4200H Fuel problem

Cooperjb

Equipment
G4200H
Jul 15, 2014
Fredericktown, MO USA
I am not getting fuel pressure and no voltage reading at the fuel pump. I replaced the ignition switch and still no voltage at the pump or fuel pressure. I checked the fuel/water filter/separator (replaced two months ago) and replaced the filter back by the tank. I am trying to bleed the air out of the line but the fuel pump isn't working because it is not getting voltage. Any suggestions?

MaximusGluteus

May 28, 2014
Wisconsin
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago on my G6200. Turned out to be a loose wire in the dash. Does yours have an indicator light that turns on when you turn the key to the "ON" position? Mine had stopped lighting up and apparently the same wire that runs to that also runs to the fuel pump. Maybe try turning the key to the "ON" position and then going inside the dash and moving/wiggling the wires around and see if the fuel pump starts clicking?

Cooperjb

Equipment
G4200H
Jul 15, 2014
Fredericktown, MO USA
I checked the wiring and found no flaws. My CDI box must be faulty. I ran a wire with a clip, from the positive battery post to the pump and it works fine for now. Got the mower out of the front yard and into the shed.