G23 wont run

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Hi guys,
Is there an in-tank fuel filter in the g23? Stalled in middle of a garden. Will crank and start but dies immediately. All fuel filters are new. Thanks for any help

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi guys,
Is there an in-tank fuel filter in the g23? Stalled in middle of a garden. Will crank and start but dies immediately. All fuel filters are new. Thanks for any help
This is really a longshot since I don’t know your tractor at all, but my BX 2200 did the same thing and it turned out the fuel cut off solenoid has two coils in it. One is the start coil and the other is a run coil, for lack of a better term, that stays energized to keep the fuel flowing.

in my case, the coil that is kept energized to keep the engine running went bad. So the tractor would start but immediately stop when I put the key back to the run position. Mine also died when I was cutting grass.

You need to get a workshop manual or at least an electrical diagram In order to verify whether what I experienced could be what you are experiencing…

This is just a shot in the dark thought, since I don’t have a clue about your tractor really. Maybe someone who actually knows your tractor can chime in and give you a real help!

Also, check all your fuses. In my case I think there was a fuse feeding the coil that failed, and if that fuse had failed on its own, or worked loose, the symptom would have been the same.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
This is really a longshot since I don’t know your tractor at all, but my BX 2200 did the same thing and it turned out the fuel cut off solenoid has two coils in it. One is the start coil and the other is a run coil, for lack of a better term, that stays energized to keep the fuel flowing.

in my case, the coil that is kept energized to keep the engine running went bad. So the tractor would start but immediately stop when I put the key back to the run position. Mine also died when I was cutting grass.

You need to get a workshop manual or at least an electrical diagram In order to verify whether what I experienced could be what you are experiencing…

This is just a shot in the dark thought, since I don’t have a clue about your tractor really. Maybe someone who actually knows your tractor can chime in and give you a real help!

Also, check all your fuses. In my case I think there was a fuse feeding the coil that failed, and if that fuse had failed on its own, or worked loose, the symptom would have been the same.
There was some sort of blockage in the tank. Owner took the fuel line off the first filter and nothing flowed out. Blew back into the tank and it cleared. Ran fine after that. Looks like a tank flush in on the cards. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There was some sort of blockage in the tank. Owner took the fuel line off the first filter and nothing flowed out. Blew back into the tank and it cleared. Ran fine after that. Looks like a tank flush in on the cards. Thanks for taking the time to reply
Glad the solution was found... (y)