G23 mower

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Hi ,
Not sure if mower talk is allowed in here but I’ve a G23 that has a very stiff break ( hand break and foot break ). As a result starting can be annoying as the break must be on to start . it seems to be free enough down to the calipers on both sides . Is there something I’m missing or some valve stuck ?

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Any help appreciated . Still stuck with a G23 stiff break lever . Mower won’t start unless the hand break is engaged and locked with the foot pedal . So it’s annoying as it can be hard to engage before starting . So far tried
-) adjusting the linkage from the hand parking lever . It did not free it at all.
-) checked and cleaned the calipers .
It looks like it’s something underneath .
I can’t seem to get a good diagram of this assembly as both the forward/ reverse pedal, limit switch for starting and the break mechanism seem to meet at the same point .

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I can suggest lo at how the linkage moves and how it works at entry points into the brakes. Often rust forms on the case and rotating rods and makes it get sticky and hard to move. Spray it with a rust remover like PB Blaster and work it back and forth then lubricate it.

You may be able to see assembly pictures here

But G23 does not see to be a valid model number

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The OP is in Ireland so it is a foreign model number to the USA.

homewardbound11

Equipment
b1750hst
Mar 2, 2013
ireland
Got it sorted .
yes G23 is a low dump and a G26 is a high dump . Europe .
its was a frozen pedal link with rust/ gunk. Lubricant ,WD49 and liquid grease sorted it out . Simple in the end but I assumed it was everything else .

Attachments