G2160 Garden Tractor HST pedal too slow to return to neutral

Zeeb

Equipment
Grand L3130 and G2160
Aug 22, 2015
Mandeville
Hello,
First post in forum. Sorting out the issues with a newly purchased, well used G2160 and the only remaining bug is giving me fits. If cruising forward then releasing the pedal, the machine only slowly reduces speed. I'm having to apply a slight bit of reverse to slow it down and stop. No doubt all of the linkage is clean and well lubricated. With the engine off, its clear the pedal springs quickly to the neutral position. I went through the neutral setting procedure in the WSM. Problem persists. The fluid is a bit dirty so Super UDT and a filter is next, but I just have a feeling this is something more serious. Could I be overlooking an adjustment? Is this a sign of wear (just under 500 hrs. on machine). Is there an additive that may help? Thanks much.

Zeeb

Equipment
Grand L3130 and G2160
Aug 22, 2015
Mandeville
This is helpful. Yes, the spring is there. But that bearing (100 on the diagram) looks like it's separating a bit. From an edge-on view. I see the inner-race poking out a little and the outer/inner orientation is a bit crooked. Hard to explain. Going to get a closer look at that and change it if its not as new - plus fluid/filter change. Thanks!

Zeeb

Equipment
Grand L3130 and G2160
Aug 22, 2015
Mandeville
Update: Added a second sprig to neutral spring. Noting else found to help. Linkage all free. Bearing fine after-all. New trans fluid and filter. Must be something in trans., but it works fine now so Ill use it. Tnx all!