G1900 is alive again, still some issues to deal with though

artfull dodger

Equipment
Cub Cadet 782D Kubota D600 powered, Cub Cadet 1512D Kubota D600 powered
Aug 11, 2015
Kokomo, IN
Make some progress on my new G1900. Found the hot wire from the battery to the regulator had got hot, arc'd and melted the connector to the regulator. The male side of the connection was broke off and sparking and getting very hot as even the insulation on each side was burnt. I hard wired this around the connector for now. She still overcharges to the tune of 15.5 volts at mid throttle. I suspect all the high amp and intermitten contact blew the regulator. So I will order up a new one to replace it. Looks like a fun job to get to where its mounted. I solved the fuel leaks, replacing the 2 O rings on each injector element and putting them back into the pump body in the exact position they came out along with a new electric fuel pump to replace the original one that was dead. Once she was back together and running, I swapped my bar tires in for the worn and worthless turf tires. New front tires are planned, probably Verderstien 5 rib or Goodyear tri rib. Turfs are no fun to clean of packed mud after a plowing even. Now if only I could find the factory 3 point hitch!! Guess I will put a Johnny bucket products electric lift sleeve hitch on her. But if you have the complete cat 0 3pt hitch to sell, please let me know. Something to move snow is also on my need list. Baby steps, warmer weather will gain much more progress of restoring this old girl. Mike