G1900 HST fluid change

rfrichardson

Equipment
G1900 HST
Apr 22, 2010
Morriston, FL
New G1900 owner here. I want to change all the fluids but the manual hasn't gotten here yet. Is it as simple as just draining everything out and changing fluids and filters? Are there any special steps that need to be taken?

Also, if someone wants to take a stab at explaining how to replace the front PTO belts that would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks

moralem

Equipment
L2800, G1900
Mar 12, 2010
weston tx
Wait for the manuals. I have a G1900 and it is pretty easy to change out the fluids and all but if it is new to you best to be able to look at the pictures and visualize what you are going to do. I did it without the manuals and I spent nearly a day trying to figure how to take the deck off to change the fluid in the gear box as well as where all the grease fittings were as well as the HST filter. I also ordered the repair manual as well. It is invaluable for the little problems you are going to have. Read my posts on a throttle and overheating issue. Good luck.

rbphoto

Equipment
G 1900 HST diesel
Jul 10, 2010
Hickory Tavern, SC
Any suggestions on where to get the manuals?

I just brought mine home last Monday evening and need to fabricate a battery hold-down.

Thanks.

Raymond