Furnace Oil -> Tractor

ken_p

Equipment
L345DT
Aug 20, 2011
Albany, OR
Here in Oregon our HHO is dyed #2 diesel. My delivery guy puts 200 gallons in my house tank and 50 in my shop tank when I have fuel delivered.

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
Awesome writeup Vic. THANK YOU!

I just started adding 2 stroke oil to my cummins diesel based on threads in other forums. The point being that 2 Stroke oil is designed to be burned and therefore will not cause problems either in the injectors or the pump.

The stated reason for doing so was that the Ultra Low sulphur diesel oil is lacking in lubrication.

I guess I will save myself from spending $$$ on an additive and maybe save myself some $$$ on repairs!

Thanks again Vic!

truszip

Equipment
F2560
Aug 25, 2010
Canada
Living on a farm I use colored diesel fuel all the time in my tractors and now my kubota mower. I find the home heating fuel a bit more expensive than the colored diesel?
The supplier states that there is now no difference between the winter and summer fuel as years before they would mix an additive to the winter fuel.
When I had my old vw diesel - I used to run the colored in that too with no ill effects.

WayneJessie

Equipment
B2710HSD
Sep 28, 2009
Asheboro,NC USA
Awesome writeup Vic. THANK YOU!

I just started adding 2 stroke oil to my cummins diesel based on threads in other forums. The point being that 2 Stroke oil is designed to be burned and therefore will not cause problems either in the injectors or the pump.

The stated reason for doing so was that the Ultra Low sulphur diesel oil is lacking in lubrication.

I guess I will save myself from spending $$$ on an additive and maybe save myself some $$$ on repairs!

Thanks again Vic!
I have read those threads as well and none offer any proof that 2-stroke works as a lubricity additive. I ain't sayin it does not work; rather none offer blind study proof. I have seen two blind studies that compared all major lubricity players and they tested 2-stroke as well. In their tests 2-stroke doped #2 was better than "dry" #2 but far lower than the top 5 additive players.