Fuel system bleeding

bill707

Equipment
B3030
Jan 16, 2013
Clio, CA
My B3030 manual sez for the bleeding procedure to fill the tank with fuel, then start and run the engine for about :30 then shut down PERIOD. Is that really all there is to it??

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
That doesn't make sense..... Usually when you have to bleed a fuel system is because the engine won't run or start. Was that for when you change a fuel filter?
When I bleed a diesel, this is what I do:
Make sure I have enough fuel in the tank. I loosen at least 1/2 of the total injectors. In case of a 3 cylinder, I loosen two unions at the injectors. I set the throttle up to close to full speed. This allows fuel to flow easier and more quantity to the injectors. I crank the engine until I see fuel squirting from the loosened lines. I tighten them, glow the engine if applicable, reduce the throttle and start it. It may run a little rough until the un-bled line clears of air. Run, check for leaks and you are done.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I may need to the next time I change the fuel filter but in the last 30 years I have never had to loosen a injector line on a Kubota to bleed the air.

I don't have a BX but from what I have read they have a small pump that will purge the air for you. Says leave the key in the "on" position for 30 seconds then start the engine. I have used this kind of setup on the newer Cat equipment. It's really that easy.

bill707

Equipment
B3030
Jan 16, 2013
Clio, CA
I may need to the next time I change the fuel filter but in the last 30 years I have never had to loosen a injector line on a Kubota to bleed the air.

I don't have a BX but from what I have read they have a small pump that will purge the air for you. Says leave the key in the "on" position for 30 seconds then start the engine. I have used this kind of setup on the newer Cat equipment. It's really that easy.
So maybe my quasi quote from the manual is possibly right??

bill707

Equipment
B3030
Jan 16, 2013
Clio, CA
That doesn't make sense..... Usually when you have to bleed a fuel system is because the engine won't run or start. Was that for when you change a fuel filter?
When I bleed a diesel, this is what I do:
Make sure I have enough fuel in the tank. I loosen at least 1/2 of the total injectors. In case of a 3 cylinder, I loosen two unions at the injectors. I set the throttle up to close to full speed. This allows fuel to flow easier and more quantity to the injectors. I crank the engine until I see fuel squirting from the loosened lines. I tighten them, glow the engine if applicable, reduce the throttle and start it. It may run a little rough until the un-bled line clears of air. Run, check for leaks and you are done.
No, I didn't do anything - just reading the manual (new user here)

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
So maybe my quasi quote from the manual is possibly right??
It might make sense to me too if your tractor has an electric fuel pump.
OR maybe by turning on the key and the fuel shut off solenoid opens, it self bleeds???
My B3200 has a mechanical fuel pump.