Fuel filter

woodboys

Equipment
l245,grader blade,box blade bush hog ,disk ,double plow, row hipper
Nov 18, 2014
cookeville tenn 38501
On a l245 spin on fuel filter the videos vic did he did not hit on to pre fill the fillter or not. After installing new filter will i have to bleed the lines.This will be first time i will be doing the fuel filter any help or advice will be appreciated.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have a L185 so assume it is similar to your L245. On mine I screw the filter on until gasket touches then back it off a little. Open the fuel petcock and let it fill the filter then tighten filter up.

On mine the petcock is on the opposite side of the tractor from the filter. So I open the petcock about and walk back to filter side and the filter is usually full by then. Tighten the filter and open the petcock fully.
Then there is a bleed valve at the injector pump to open up and let fuel flow out. Tighten it up and you should be able to start your tractor up. You may want to let it run for a few minutes not under load in case it stumbles on any air left in the lines.

If it does not start then you will probably need to bleed it near the injectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk