fuel additives yes or no ?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
As sorry as the fuel is now days I think all of us need a good additive.
You have a very good point and I'm glad you brought it up,,,,
I think I'm gona get a glass of additive right now

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
For some reason I think we're on different playing fields, but a good additive is hard to beat.

Do you have winter blend ol buddy?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I used to think there was no eth-free here either. Very rural here to. Then got to diggin and found several places that have it but do not advertise it. Closest place it 30 minutes and I get 15 gallons every 4-5 months. Worth the trouble to me!

Yep, 056 is a little overkill for pulp! :D

My favorite saw is a 346xp, but I'm getting older and like the lil hot rod saws...
Yeah - 056 was a little much. My pulp saw was broke, and that was the only option. For a lot of years I said the only wood I cut was lilac bushes, but the 046 would cut 'em REALLY fast! Amazing the difference between the 056, and the new generation 046 (now 460).

Only Husky I ever ran was a 3120(?) many years ago at the dealership. Firewood guys were using them at the landing to block. It was, by far, the most powerful saw I've ever ran. Made a Stihl 08X look like a walmart Poulan "Wild Thing" saw. It was a BEAST.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ohhh just a little Apple pie shine we batched up and 6 months ago,,,, smooooth

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Came across this "thread" from past OTT members and found it informative. I just got my L3800 back from dealer. It originally went in for "warrantied" work for the front right tie rod turnbuckle had not been installed correctly..from factory or so I was told by dealer. (I previously posted pics of tie-rod under a different thread) A few hours or so prior to tie-rod coming apart, I noticed my tractor starting to "bog down" and loose power, where it would then shut off. At first thought it was my seat safety switch but determined it wasn't. When dealer came to pick up tractor for tie-rod repair, my L3800 replicated what it had done for me. Dealer, also the shop service manager, said I had algae in my diesel. He further said that dealership had "several" other Kubota owners with the exact same problem. His explanation was the weather we had during the summer months made algae "ripe" for getting into diesel. I have not used any additive up to this point. Being that the tractor was going into dealer for repair, I obviously told him to fix the fuel/algae issue. Low and behold.....and $641 ($378 labor) my tractor appears to be algae free. Not one bit happy about the algae...especially when additive is cheap but had no idea I should have been treating for it. Moral of story....SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY TO "TRY" TO KEEP YOUR DIESEL FUEL YOU RUN BUG FREE!!! I've posted the bill along with 2 types of fuel additive I'm trying. Not sure if I'm going in the right direction but sure as "HE-double hockey sticks" don't want this to EVER happen again to me...or my OTT friends. Supposedly with colder months around the corner...algae should not happen during winter months. My tractor and 5 gallon diesel cans stay in a non-temperature controlled Wick Building year round.

howes-lubricator-diesel-treat-half_gallon.jpg

Kubota bill injector repair.jpg

Attachments