Front tire width set up

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Woth R1 tires Is it safe to swap sides with my front tires so that a wider stance is achieved or will that mess up the front end.
I would keep the tread in the right direction by switching sides but the wheel disc would be mounted to get the wider stance.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Just wondering why are you wanting to widen the front end? If we know what you are trying to do there may be solution you have not thought of yet.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Can you flip the front tires from side to side to widen the track? Yes you can at least you can on my L4310 with R1's as the lug holes are tapered on both sides.
But this puts added strain on the front axle and steering components so I would not recommend it. The amount of perceived stability you gain is probably not measurable as the front of the tractor pivots on the axle center pin until you hit the stops anyway.

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
Thanks for the input.
there are a couple reasons- one is thatI trailer my tractor a lot and I have the rear tires on the next to widest setting so I was thinking I’d have a little more even line when loading. The second reason is that I understand the conversation over the pivot points and whether or not there is or isn’t more stability but I lean towards thinking it would offer at least a bit more traveling on a side hill or with a load in the loader and raised.

ultimately I have elected not to flip them. Mainly because of the concern of the strain and the fact that I can trailer it I just have to be very precise loading it. When I start bushogging this winter if I think the front end gets squirrely I may reevaluate.
On my L3000 I did have the wheels turned plus front weights and fluid in the front and rear. I didn’t have a bucket but it was rock solid. My l4701 is the first loader tractor I have had. Bushog work on slopes is my primary concern