front snowplow

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I just bought a L3200. My primary uses will be logging and skidding for firewood, york raking a 800' shale driveway, and snowplowing the same. When I bought this tractor, I figured I'd modify a truck plowblade and use it with the SSQA.
Before I start this project, I'd like to know if you guys use your tractor like this. To tell the truth, like I mentioned in an earlier post, I expected this tractor to be stronger. Is this tractor well suited for snowplowing with a front snowplow blade mounted with the skidsteer quick attach?

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Greetings Chuck175, I have a Kubota B7510 with a loader, I got the plans to build a quick hitch for the loader from OTT which works great, I just pull the 2 bottom pins and the bucket comes off, then I hook onto the manual angle 66 inch plow and away I go. I have the rear tires loaded and a weight box on the 3 point hitch with patio stones in it, probably weighs about 400 lbs, ice chains on rear and 1 ice chain on front for steering on ice and hard packed snow. My tractor is a little light for angle plowing when we get a lot of snow in a storm or wet snow. But when plowing with the plow straight it works really great. Sometimes I use the float and other times I don't. After you plow a few storms you get to know what your gear will do and you adjust your plowing accordingly. Over all I am very Happy with this set up. I am sure that you also will be happy with that set up.

ColdRider

Equipment
L3800 Hst,QA fel, B7200Hst,(sold) tiller, bushhog, finish mower, snow plow blade
Jan 23, 2011
Northern Maine
It will work fine.
I have a plow mounted on a quick hitch plate on my 3800, loaded rears and a weight for the 3pth. I put chains on the front to help with the sliding from pushing an angled blade.
I have had no problem moving any snow we've had. It is much faster than just the bucket. I usually float it on the skid shoes but it is real nice to be able to roll the cutting edge up and scrape or back drag.