Front Mount Snow Blower for L3710HST

Ang Mo Kuk

Equipment
L3710
Nov 28, 2011
Columbus Indiana USA
Hi I am new to this Forum but really appreciate reading your expert comments on these machines. I recently purchased a 10 year old L3710 HST 4WD and am looking for a used front mount snowblower. I think the model number of the blower for this tractor is L2052-1.. My tractor has a Bush Hog Front End Loader (2246 QT) which I will need to remove when I use the snow blower in the winter. (If someone has a good used L2052-1 and would like to get rid of it, please let me know.) If you are familiar with this type of snow blower & drive system, and could answer any of the following questions I would like to hear from you.
1. I think these units operate from a mid-mounted PTO, which bolts to the transmission somewhere. L2051 is one possible PTO. Are these difficult to install on the transmission case?
2. Do you need to drain some or all of the oil to install the PTO?
3. Are front mount snow-blowers on L-sized tractors difficult to remove or install at the end/beginning of the snow season?
Again, any other comments or advice would be appeciated. Thanks -

cbgale

Equipment
L3710HST, Front end loader, 5' brush hog, back blade, pallet forks
Mar 23, 2012
Calumet, MI
Hi I am new to this Forum but really appreciate reading your expert comments on these machines. I recently purchased a 10 year old L3710 HST 4WD and am looking for a used front mount snowblower. I think the model number of the blower for this tractor is L2052-1.. My tractor has a Bush Hog Front End Loader (2246 QT) which I will need to remove when I use the snow blower in the winter. (If someone has a good used L2052-1 and would like to get rid of it, please let me know.) If you are familiar with this type of snow blower & drive system, and could answer any of the following questions I would like to hear from you.
1. I think these units operate from a mid-mounted PTO, which bolts to the transmission somewhere. L2051 is one possible PTO. Are these difficult to install on the transmission case?
2. Do you need to drain some or all of the oil to install the PTO?
3. Are front mount snow-blowers on L-sized tractors difficult to remove or install at the end/beginning of the snow season?
Again, any other comments or advice would be appeciated. Thanks -
I have used my L371010HST for 8 years. Bought with 50 hours from a dealer, with Kubota cab, heat, lights, defrost, front end loader, pallet forks, and backblade. I use mostly for blowing snow, we get 2-400" where I live, and it is the best tractor I have ever owned for this job. The Kubota blower is heavily made, and I have bank cutters on it. No problems yet, I just touch up paint and keep it greased and chain lubed. With the blower, you will need the undercarriage and the two drive shafts that come with it to connect to the midpoint pto. The undercarriage has a fixed shaft with bearings at each end. I was concerned that the bearings on the undercarriage, without grease fittings, might fail in short order since they are at the bottom in snow and water, but no problems yet. It takes me 5 minutes to disconnect the front end loader, and about 20-30 minutes to install/remove the blower. Mine came with the pto case installed, but I assume it runs in oil to lubricate the included gear, so you would have to drain it. I keep a 1400 foot driveway open, and this is the best solution. No stiff neck or back from a rear mounted pto. And it has heat in the Kubota cab. I should have flexed my line of credit sooner.