Front end loader lube frequency

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have grown quite fond of those types of guys recently.

Got me a free riding lawn mower a few weeks ago because they never greased the front kingpin for 13 years.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...hen-you-dont-know-sh-t-about-machinery.64264/
On the other hand…. a U.S. Navy EM2D became a U.S. Postman (honest-to-God walking the neighborhood in all kinds of weather with a leather pouch slung over his shoulder for 20+ years) … recently passed and I was helping the widow clean out their home so she could enter an assisted-living facility… when she insisted I take the mowers, blowers, tools, etc. he had gathered thru the years. (These are long-time dear friends who we sat in the pew just behind them for decades)…
Jack had taken such good care of his equipt the machinery looked like it was made last week…. complete with all manuals, oil/filter-change/tune-up-parts receipts, etc. The only thing odd (if any of us would call it that) was the vise-grip-pliers clamped onto the table-saw adjustment where the original bakelite knob had shattered years ago. She insisted the vise-grips were part of the deal…either I take it all…or it’s going to GoodWill.
A small portion (15-yr-old lawn-mower) as an example:
IMG_2046.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
On the other hand…. a U.S. Navy EM2D became a U.S. Postman (honest-to-God walking the neighborhood in all kinds of weather with a leather pouch slung over his shoulder for 20+ years) … recently passed and I was helping the widow clean out their home so she could enter an assisted-living facility… when she insisted I take the mowers, blowers, tools, etc. he had gathered thru the years. (These are long-time dear friends who we sat in the pew just behind them for decades)…
Jack had taken such good care of his equipt the machinery looked like it was made last week…. complete with all manuals, oil/filter-change/tune-up-parts receipts, etc. The only thing odd (if any of us would call it that) was the vise-grip-pliers clamped onto the table-saw adjustment where the original bakelite knob had shattered years ago. She insisted the vise-grips were part of the deal…either I take it all…or it’s going to GoodWill.
A small portion (15-yr-old lawn-mower) as an example: View attachment 111654
I still have my dad's now 51 year old "Crapsman".
Wonderful old 15HP single Briggs machine,.....I don't use it, and wonder what I should do with it.