Front axle pressure BX-25

snowman1

Equipment
BX25-Post hole digger-back blade
May 27, 2013
windfield pa
How can I control the pressure build up in the front axle, I pulled the dipstick out after using it, and it had a lot of pressure build up.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hi, for the bx2230 Kubota sells a breather, for the bx2660 they use a sort of plastic plug. I drilled a small hole down and found a threaded barbed fitting off a snowmobile primer screwed it in then added about 8" of clear plastic hose (prime hose) put a loop in it tie wrapped the loop. It seems to work for me I haven't blown a seal since. I wish Kubota made a breather for it but I have yet to find one.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
After I rebuilt the front axle on my B7100, I vented it by drilling & tapping the fill plugs on the two outboard gear cases & the pumpkin, adding some small hose barbs, hose, a couple of tees, and clamps; then I ran the vent hose up under the hood. I should be able to get some pics in a week or so, if anyone is interested.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
The service manual shows two breather plugs on the front axle. Have you checked for these? See picture from manual (item #1)

Attachments

snowman1

Equipment
May 27, 2013
windfield pa
The service manual shows two breather plugs on the front axle. Have you checked for these? See picture from manual (item #1)
Yes I saw that in manual, but mine are bolts, no holes to vent.I talked to our local dealer and he said there are no vents for BX-25.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Google diff vent,many different types available. Would be necessary to drill/tap to install one. Have an f150 here for axle leak,first thing i checked was diff vent. Plugged solid. Fixed it with a piece of wire to unclog it and will be doing seals tomorrow. One is blown other is just starting to leak.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
Is your dipstick the same as item (A) In Country Bumpkin's post? That's same as I have and it's not hard to drill, don't try drilling down the middle try to come out beside the stick.

snowman1

Equipment
May 27, 2013
windfield pa
Is your dipstick the same as item (A) In Country Bumpkin's post? That's same as I have and it's not hard to drill, don't try drilling down the middle try to come out beside the stick.
Yes it is the same, Tell me how you done it, and will water stay out.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
As I mentioned in my previous quote, try to find a barbed fitting similar to the ones they use for primers I got one from a Ski Doo dealer. Once you have the size drill a hole not in the center but slightly to the side of the measuring stick I used a tap to put some threads in the hole screwed in the barbed fitting then pushed a 1/8 ID piece of clear primer line about 8" long onto it, then I put a loop in the line and put a tie wrap on it to keep the loop so no water will get in. You could also use a longer piece and run it up under the hood if you prefer. You might be able to get the fitting from a NAPA dealer or another jobber if there is one in your area. A member on this sight posted a picture of this a couple of years ago that's where I got the idea. Hope this was helpfull Barry

snowman1

Equipment
May 27, 2013
windfield pa
As I mentioned in my previous quote, try to find a barbed fitting similar to the ones they use for primers I got one from a Ski Doo dealer. Once you have the size drill a hole not in the center but slightly to the side of the measuring stick I used a tap to put some threads in the hole screwed in the barbed fitting then pushed a 1/8 ID piece of clear primer line about 8" long onto it, then I put a loop in the line and put a tie wrap on it to keep the loop so no water will get in. You could also use a longer piece and run it up under the hood if you prefer. You might be able to get the fitting from a NAPA dealer or another jobber if there is one in your area. A member on this sight posted a picture of this a couple of years ago that's where I got the idea. Hope this was helpfull Barry
Thanks Barry

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Got some pics of my B7100 axle venting. Drilled & tapped the fill plugs for a 10-32 thread 1/8" hose barb, and tied them together with 1/8" neoprene hose, some clamps, and ran the vent up under the hood. Sorry for the dirt, haven't had time to wash the little beastie lately.

Attachments