Friends don't let friends shovel dirt

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
A good friend of mine had 4 yards of dirt dumped in his driveway to add to his garden. That's a lot of dirt to move with a shovel and wheel barrow, so I loaded up the BX and headed over. Made short work of it and didn't even break a sweat......

Best thing is it gave me a chance to figure out the best way to haul the tractor on my new to me free trailer. With the BB and FEL attached it was just about too long for the trailer. Next time I might try removing the BB and having it ride under the FEL......but I made it there and back and the trailer pulled great. No issues with tracking or sway.

I had picked up a set of 3000lb aluminum ramps that worked well for driving the tractor on and off the trailer.

From what I have read my BX2200 with the FEL and BB was probably about 2000lbs.
TractorOnTrailer.JPG

BBOnTrailer.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
A good friend of mine had 4 yards of dirt dumped in his driveway to add to his garden. That's a lot of dirt to move with a shovel and wheel barrow, so I loaded up the BX and headed over. Made short work of it and didn't even break a sweat......

Best thing is it gave me a chance to figure out the best way to haul the tractor on my new to me free trailer. With the BB and FEL attached it was just about too long for the trailer. Next time I might try removing the BB and having it ride under the FEL......but I made it there and back and the trailer pulled great. No issues with tracking or sway.

I had picked up a set of 3000lb aluminum ramps that worked well for driving the tractor on and off the trailer.

View attachment 102185

View attachment 102186
You might try curling the bucket open side down. It might give you another foot for the BB. It may change your balance too. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 users

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
What's the length on that trailer? I've got a ramped 10' single axle that I use for my B7100 with the box blade and it's every bit of space between the front of the deck and the ramp folded up.

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
What's the length on that trailer? I've got a ramped 10' single axle that I use for my B7100 with the box blade and it's every bit of space between the front of the deck and the ramp folded up.
Going from memory, the deck is about 10ft. Trailer is just over 13ft from ball to bumper.

Does your fit well with the FEL and the BB?

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
Going from memory, the deck is about 10ft. Trailer is just over 13ft from ball to bumper.

Does your fit well with the FEL and the BB?
My FEL is in parts while I get all the hydraulics back together. Right now the tractor just fits with the BB on the back. The bucket would hang over the tongue if I had it mounted. I'm going to try backing it on with the BB up to see if that changes things.

civlized

May 8, 2023
Central Alabama

View attachment 102185

View attachment 102186
That trailer seems to have a huge amount of suspension for a single axle!
I thought my fenders were going to cut through my tires the day I bought my little tractor. Ended up having to upgrade the trailer.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
That trailer seems to have a huge amount of suspension for a single axle!
I thought my fenders were going to cut through my tires the day I bought my little tractor. Ended up having to upgrade the trailer.
It’s a home built/pieced together trailer. It started its life as a 70s Shasta camper. Tore it down to just the deck and hauled all the metal to scrap. Then I swapped in a 3500lb axle with brakes from my old 1994 Colman 30’ camper I was scraping out. When I did that I mounted the axle under the springs rather than over. The fenders are Amazon specials.

I didn’t measure anything, but when I did a quick glance under the trailer with the tractor on it I still had some suspension travel left.

I will probably redeck it this year with 3/4” treated plywood. All in all I think I will have a total of about $300 in it.

Definitely an upgrade from my Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer I had used for years

civlized

May 8, 2023
Central Alabama
It’s a home built/pieced together trailer. It started its life as a 70s Shasta camper. Tore it down to just the deck and hauled all the metal to scrap. Then I swapped in a 3500lb axle with brakes from my old 1994 Colman 30’ camper I was scraping out. When I did that I mounted the axle under the springs rather than over. The fenders are Amazon specials.

I didn’t measure anything, but when I did a quick glance under the trailer with the tractor on it I still had some suspension travel left.

I will probably redeck it this year with 3/4” treated plywood. All in all I think I will have a total of about $300 in it.

Definitely an upgrade from my Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer I had used for years
Good job!
I had one of those HF trailers. Served me well for many years moving lawn mowers and such. It has a new life now, as a scissor lift.

1684714442578.png

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri

View attachment 102185

View attachment 102186
When you run it like that does the seat blow up and then bang back down when you stop?
I have always wondered about backing on but I always think about the seat bouncing back and forth.