Found this thing under brand new LX

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
So I’ll start off by saying that I assume this isn’t a big deal and might not even be from tractor… but wanted to ask here to be sure. Found this little 1.5” long piece of what feels almost like foam, not thick enough to be part of rubber hose, but shaped like a tube. It was sitting under the tractor after my first day of use. It was sitting on floor under the right middle of tractor, like where loader controls are or just forward of that. Maybe left over piece of shipping protection on something like a line? Maybe I’m nuts and wind blew it from another part of garage while I had the garage door open and it doesn’t even go to tractor? Looked under the tractor where it’s parked and didn’t see anything similar to it anywhere underneath.

82833ED4-9B55-4583-83AC-A10CE75B292E.jpeg
2431DFE2-FFCE-4365-990A-AB292F9C878A.jpeg
A6AFC4D8-F321-46DF-BDCB-4834C79A02EB.jpeg

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Can’t say if it came from your tractor - congrats by the way. It looks like the insulation foam you would find around the tubing running from an outside A/C unit to the unit inside the attic.

Reactions: 1 users

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Have also seen that foam used on the fabric type garage structures to minimize abrasion of the fabric against the steel frame.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Justin - -

I’m 99.44% sure that’s the new synthetic muffler bearing material Kubota came out with a couple years ago…..

Just poking fun. Betting it’s from something other than your tractor.

I found a large left-handed threaded (fine) locknut under my tractor years ago. Looked important. Bugged me for days.

Turned out it was the nut to secure blades on my Stihl brush cutter hanging next to the tractor. Nut had fallen on the floor…😳

Congrats on the new tractor!

Last edited:

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
It’s part of the fill tube for the taillight fluid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JustinB60

Equipment
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Haha thanks fellas for giving me piece of mind that If anything I’ll just be leaking tail light fluid or muffler bearing fluid. Based on how it looked and felt it didn’t seem like something that would come off the tractor but it did look new and it was sitting under new tractor so I felt compelled to ask just to be sure. Thanks fellas!

Oh and here’s the tractor:

BBA14B4B-3455-4E87-82D8-54A3124ED3CF.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow, that’s sweet…. Enjoy!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Was gonna ask if that was the SU, but I see the Deluxe seat, so looks like it's the standard LX. Congrats on the new machine. You're gonna love it. I've got the SU model, and for a little 26 HP tractor, it's a beast. Looks like you have the oversize R14's? You may find it extremely difficult to find a use for the middle PTO. Dealer told me the MMM would NOT go under one with the oversize tires. I wanted the larger tires and a backhoe (which I wound up NOT getting) so went with the SU model to knock a few K off the price, about 5K, actually. That was going to help pay for a very expensive BH77. But I find the SU to be comfortable enough to suit me. Enjoy the LX. Good machine.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Haha thanks fellas for giving me piece of mind that If anything I’ll just be leaking tail light fluid or muffler bearing fluid. Based on how it looked and felt it didn’t seem like something that would come off the tractor but it did look new and it was sitting under new tractor so I felt compelled to ask just to be sure. Thanks fellas!

Oh and here’s the tractor:

View attachment 62608
Congrats on the tractor.

Are those Catalpa (or catawba depending on where you live) leaves I see there? Messy tree, but the wood makes for very beautiful trim. Used it in my last house for trim work. Looks like Oak, but soft and takes stain/tung oil very well.

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
@Old_Paint , what is the track width of your machine with larger tires?
I wanna say it's 54 inches, but could be slightly more. It sticks out quite a bit past the 48" box blade on both sides,. Might even be nearly 60 inches total width, around 48 center to center. I'd have to measure it again. There's VERY little room in the fenders. You wouldn't want your hand over the edge of the fender if a rock gets caught in the tread and come's around. I was very quickly cured of an old habit of hanging onto the edge of the fender when backing up. I know why those handles are on the fender now. I can't get my hand between the fender and the tire, and when a bar on the R14 brushed my knuckle, I was just waiting for the pain of a mangled finger. If it had springs, I'd have cut tires. Makes the tractor look a lot more 'growed up'. It's not far off being as large as an 8N, but nowhere near as heavy. IIRC, the dealer said the rear tires are nearly 750 lbs each with balast. I don't doubt it. It doesn't take much for ballast on the rear to max out the lift on the FEL. The only time I've lifted the rear tires is with nothing on the lift arms. That'll increase the pucker factor pretty quick.

JustinB60

Equipment
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Was gonna ask if that was the SU, but I see the Deluxe seat, so looks like it's the standard LX. Congrats on the new machine. You're gonna love it. I've got the SU model, and for a little 26 HP tractor, it's a beast. Looks like you have the oversize R14's? You may find it extremely difficult to find a use for the middle PTO. Dealer told me the MMM would NOT go under one with the oversize tires. I wanted the larger tires and a backhoe (which I wound up NOT getting) so went with the SU model to knock a few K off the price, about 5K, actually. That was going to help pay for a very expensive BH77. But I find the SU to be comfortable enough to suit me. Enjoy the LX. Good machine.
Only two uses I know of for mid PTO is MMM and snow blower, you are correct that with larger R14’s you cannot use MMM. I have a stand alone mower so shouldn’t need MMM down the line either. I went with regular 2610 over SU for potential snow blower use down the line as well as for nicer seat and a few other small items on it. I don’t think the price disparity was over 1k from my dealer, after taxes my tractor was under 20k out the door so I’m happy with that.

JustinB60

Equipment
Mar 31, 2018
USA
@Old_Paint , what is the track width of your machine with larger tires?
I have the oversized R14’s without spacers and my overall width is 58” outside of tire to outside of tire but actual track width more like 55-56” to outside of tread, sidewalls stick out a little behind tread. In terms of width of marks in practical use (not all tread will touch in most hard surface driving) I will have to check next time I’m on my gravel road but I would guess it’s closer to 52” as the tread tends to be rounded on the edges and not squared off.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I have the oversized R14’s without spacers and my overall width is 58” outside of tire to outside of tire but actual track width more like 55-56” to outside of tread, sidewalls stick out a little behind tread. In terms of width of marks in practical use (not all tread will touch in most hard surface driving) I will have to check next time I’m on my gravel road but I would guess it’s closer to 52” as the tread tends to be rounded on the edges and not squared off.
Where that really matters is the width of the implements behind it. I know a lot more than I did when I bought it, and wish I'd known it then. My BB1248 (48" box blade) is all but useless behind the LX with fat feet. The rear tires run up on the edge of the grade when pushing with the BB, so it's nigh on impossible to make anything flat or level with it, and I have to overdig so much with it just to get things cut down by pulling. I'm currently shopping for a 60 or 66 BB to go behind it.

JustinB60

Equipment
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Where that really matters is the width of the implements behind it. I know a lot more than I did when I bought it, and wish I'd known it then. My BB1248 (48" box blade) is all but useless behind the LX with fat feet. The rear tires run up on the edge of the grade when pushing with the BB, so it's nigh on impossible to make anything flat or level with it, and I have to overdig so much with it just to get things cut down by pulling. I'm currently shopping for a 60 or 66 BB to go behind it.
Yes sir it’ll make a difference. That’s also the same reason I went with 60” bucket is that It ensures when back dragging I can cover my tracks with a little margin to spare.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yes sir it’ll make a difference. That’s also the same reason I went with 60” bucket is that It ensures when back dragging I can cover my tracks with a little margin to spare.
Dealer told me that the 60" bucket was a lighter duty bucket, more intended for loose materials. I stayed with the standard bucket and added a tooth bar because most of my FEL use will be in hard clay, The stock bucket is still wider than the front wheels. If I'm trying to do finish work, I'll probably have the BB handy. I'm not too concerned about the tire tracks, mostly because the clay here is so hard (even has rock veins in it) that unless there's been rain within a couple days, I don't make tracks anyway.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Maybe your wife put it there to drive you nuts.....:rolleyes: