forward/reverse pedal/2601

racer 1

Sep 6, 2015
richland center, wi. usa
Unlike my B2410 I had, the new B2601 I just got needs a lot of pedal pressure to run this tractor. Since my wife runs it the most and she isn't very big, is there a way to reduce the amount of foot pressure needed to operate this new tractor? She is not real happy today.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I can't tell you how to fix the pedal, but I noticed when I was going around trying out tractors that some were awkward to drive and not comfortable to press the pedal down if the seat wasn't adjusted optimally. If you have to reach forward too far to reach the pedal, it is hard to press down because your heel comes up. If your wife is short, as I am, that might be part of the problem.

Last edited:

racer 1

Sep 6, 2015
richland center, wi. usa
Today I'm running the tractor, mowing tree rows. If you can't use the cruise control it is just plain miserable to run that foot control. I do a lot of fabricating and can see this is all based on lever length. I will fix this by fabbing a new pedal assy and longer arm that comes up from under the floor. If they still made a 2410 I would have to say it is a better tractor. This may be easier to install and remove the mower deck but so far that's about all I see.