Forks Complete (Almost)

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Still need paint. I abandoned the Sch 80 pipe in favor of 2x2x3/16 square tube. We had a 24 foot length at the shop and I was able to get it for $44. The total fork tine length is a tad over 48". A foot of it goes under the bucket. For the front I used a piece of angle with one leg riding on top of the cutting edge. The other leg is notched for the tines. The back ends of the tines are welded to another angle iron. There's a chain loop welded to the back side of the rear angle (approx 38" chain welded to two places about 34" apart). There's a HD ratchet that grabs that chain. To anchor the top end of the ratchet there's a short piece of chain dropped into my "lifting lugs" with a 4" long piece of pipe on it. Pretty simple and it worked out well.

Attachments

Last edited:

senecak19

Equipment
Dethatcher, Brush Forks, Land Plane
Jun 20, 2013
Western MA
Chim nice work!!! Way to surpass my build! :) I like your idea. I'm taking your mounting idea and following suit, only I'm mounting to a clevis on the back of the bucket. Clevis should deliver by the weekend.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I gave the pictures to my carpenter/plumber/electrician/mechanic friend, asked if he could make one, as I don't weld very well and am off with an arm injury. He came back a few days later with it finished. I forgot to specify orange paint, so it came back black.
Works beautifully, thank you for the idea.

Stuart

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
The first set of loader forks i built was done that way, I have a pic in my B2620 mods thread.
They stay on just fine without the strap....until you tilt them down.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2