Ford Offers MEN ONLY Edition of the Explorer

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So what would the women's edition look like based on that logic? Salesman..."OK, mam, here's your new Ford Explorer." Then proceeds to hand her a box with a rear view mirror in it, wiper blades, and turn signal bulbs.
The salesman should give the woman a full fresh gallon of blinker fluid! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Kinda funny about girls and cars...
My daughter is buying her first new car (she is 24) and I went along. Let her do all the talking for the shopping aspect of things. It was fun to see her talk things like timing belts vs. chains, AWD vs. 4wd, TDI vs. NA induction ( salesdude thought TDI was a diesel only thing 😄) and so forth. His head was spinning. He mentioned something about all the acceleration and handling. She said "any donkey can go fast in a straight line, but how fast does it stop?"
I almost blew coffee out of my nose.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Kinda funny about girls and cars...
My daughter is buying her first new car (she is 24) and I went along. Let her do all the talking for the shopping aspect of things. It was fun to see her talk things like timing belts vs. chains, AWD vs. 4wd, TDI vs. NA induction ( salesdude thought TDI was a diesel only thing 😄) and so forth. His head was spinning. He mentioned something about all the acceleration and handling. She said "any donkey can go fast in a straight line, but how fast does it stop?"
I almost blew coffee out of my nose.
I LOVE IT !
My eldest is not a car person but is very much a money person. Her salesman started giving her a song and dance and then would not talk price but only finance numbers, I just about to shake my head as she blew a gasket. Told the clown that he should go talk to the manager, get HIS invoice price and come back with a number damn close to that. You have 5 minutes.
Five minutes later the manager came out and told her that she flustered his salesman and he was impressed with her knowledge of the system. Handed her a slip of paper with a no haggle price.
The salesman started the finance forms and she stopped him in mid-sentence. "You just do not learn, do you? I am paying cash or personal check.
Dealers were a lot hungrier then and would deal. Even at invoice they were making a nice profit.

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Well I know Toyota sure didn’t steal it. My work truck trim package basic Tundra doesn’t have intermittent wipers. The one thing about this truck I don’t like. Who the heck makes a road vehicle in 2017 that doesn’t have intermittent wipers???? Toyota, that’s who. 🙄
We have 2 MIni Coopers. 09 & 2012, and yes, they have intermittent wipers but no delay is selectable.
ie: there is ONE intermittent setting of, I don't know 5-7 seconds or more (never timed it) but it always seems too long.

Back in the 1980's Radio Shack (remember them?) sold a little "delay wiper" kit that I installed in several vehicles over the years---until cars started coming stock with int. wipers.

To have the delay non adjustable is almost as stupid as having no delay at all. (you also cannot adjust the speed to "high" if at a stop light...they automatically go to slow. Same as the rear wiper. Delay way too long, but if you back up (put car in reverse) the rear wiper goes into fast mode. There's more weird sh!t with the MINI but this post was only about wipers.

(I wish car companies would stop being Nannies and making our decisions for you--I could write a book)

Cars were really great in the 60's-80's weren't they? Knobs, levers, gauges and buttons for everything you needed. No Nannies!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We have 2 MIni Coopers. 09 & 2012, and yes, they have intermittent wipers but no delay is selectable.
ie: there is ONE intermittent setting of, I don't know 5-7 seconds or more (never timed it) but it always seems too long.

Back in the 1980's Radio Shack (remember them?) sold a little "delay wiper" kit that I installed in several vehicles over the years---until cars started coming stock with int. wipers.

To have the delay non adjustable is almost as stupid as having no delay at all. (you also cannot adjust the speed to "high" if at a stop light...they automatically go to slow. Same as the rear wiper. Delay way too long, but if you back up (put car in reverse) the rear wiper goes into fast mode. There's more weird sh!t with the MINI but this post was only about wipers.

(I wish car companies would stop being Nannies and making our decisions for you--I could write a book)

Cars were really great in the 60's-80's weren't they? Knobs, levers, gauges and buttons for everything you needed. No Nannies!
How much snow will those (in NB) "minis" plow ? ;)

Reactions: 1 user