Ford Lightning all Electric Truck

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Couple decades ago a 16 year old girl and her father rigged up their Volkswagen Rabbit to run off deep fryer oil from local restaurants. She was so proud of that car and beating the system the local newspaper did an article on her.
A while after that she gets a letter from the State informing her how much road tax she owed. Her beaming smile disappeared I’m sure. But she sure got an education in how the world works

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Couple decades ago a 16 year old girl and her father rigged up their Volkswagen Rabbit to run off deep fryer oil from local restaurants. She was so proud of that car and beating the system the local newspaper did an article on her.
A while after that she gets a letter from the State informing her how much road tax she owed. Her beaming smile disappeared I’m sure. But she sure got an education in how the world works

Back in the early 2000's I had a 99 F350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke and had given it a LOT of consideration of getting fryer oil and converting it to diesel. That was when Diesel went from being 30 cents less than regular to over a $1 more than regular, making my economical to drive Dually, very expensive to drive. When it hit $5 a gallon and cost $40 to fill the tank on my B2410, I bought two 5 gallon cans, some fuel line, a pump and .05 micron filters and filters WMO and ran the Bota on that for a couple years. The Truck sat in the garage for about 5 years before I finally decided to trade it in 2012. Now I wish I didn't because the value of the truck nearly doubled since then.