For B7100 - What's better? High Back seat or OEM pan style?

chadlw

Equipment
1991 B7100HST-D 4WD, Modern MFG. 42" Competitor Brush Hog
Jul 18, 2014
McLoud, OK
I have no seat for the B7100HST. I do have the 2-hole brackets that swivel on the rubber bushings so I can mount a flat base high-back like what is at Tractor Supply if I wanted. Reading through other posts on here talks about WHAT to buy...but no real opinions on what is more comfortable. It looks like the pan seat will keep you lower in the saddle (which is what I prefer being 6'1") but is your back dying after 2hrs of mowing? I have pan seats on other tractors and like but don't spend hours on them. I also see "OEM" style pan seats ranging from $100-$200+ from eBay, Amazon, Messick's etc. Are some cheaper quality that others? All inputs are appreciated...

HighSierra79

Equipment
B7100d, M6800 w/FEL, 7' mower, 7' box blade, 42" LP tiller, 5' rake
Sep 1, 2013
MO
After buying both, I preferred the oem "pan" seat. I paid $106 out the door from my dealer. New oem seats come with drain holes also. Personal preference.

chadlw

Equipment
1991 B7100HST-D 4WD, Modern MFG. 42" Competitor Brush Hog
Jul 18, 2014
McLoud, OK
I did have an honest eBay seller tell me the cheap pan seats are made in Turkey and the $200+ seats are USA. I went ahead and bought the OEM pan seat plus hinge pins from Messick's since I made a small parts order with them anyway. It was nice to remove the previous owners cobble work and have everything new fit perfectly. Haven't got any driving time in yet but my butt fit's it pretty good! The rubber pads are missing from the springs so I'll probably just make something.

Thanks for your inputs gentlemen. :)

flynavy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100 HST-D w/FEL,654 Whel Hrs w/blade, 2654 Hsqv mowr, 28h Cfstm snowblower&cab
May 1, 2014
Laurel Springs, NJ
Have to agree with North Idaho Wolfman.....Definitely High Back see below copy/paste from pervious post..

flynavy

1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100HST-D
Re: B7100 Seat
I too needed a new seat, mine was just the metal all cushioning gone. So I bought a craftsmen seat off ebay for $18 like new took it to a shop had them cut the brackets off the Kubota seat and weld them on the craftsman seat and viola NEW SEAT cost $28.00
PS use the mounting bracket off the seat base to act as spacer when you have the welder, weld them (the brackets) to the new seat.