flushing and priming hydraulic system

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
I recently swapped the hydraulics from my B8200 manual to a B8200 HST. The FEL is functioning fine and I am about to reassemble my Bradco 8LD back hoe. The backhoe has all new lines and is ready to be reassembled after having been in pieces for a couple of years now. I would like to no the procedure for flushing and priming the cylinders. I am on a remote island in Georgian Bay Ontario. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I recently swapped the hydraulics from my B8200 manual to a B8200 HST. The FEL is functioning fine and I am about to reassemble my Bradco 8LD back hoe. The backhoe has all new lines and is ready to be reassembled after having been in pieces for a couple of years now. I would like to no the procedure for flushing and priming the cylinders. I am on a remote island in Georgian Bay Ontario. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
To flush the cylinders you would need to pump fresh fluid into them while collecting the old in a bucket. Why do you think that is needed?

They do not need to be "primed". Just hook them up and cycle them a couple times to evacuate any air.

Dan

zoombats

Equipment
B8200, BX23S
Feb 2, 2019
penetanguishene ontario Canada
Thanks Dan. I only wanted to try to flush them because they have sat around for a while covered with tarps but really left to the elements.. I just thought if I could pass some kerosene or something through as a preliminary flush it would be good. So if I hook everything up and just watch my level in the resevoir the whole system will eventual bleed the air through?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan. I only wanted to try to flush them because they have sat around for a while covered with tarps but really left to the elements.. I just thought if I could pass some kerosene or something through as a preliminary flush it would be good. So if I hook everything up and just watch my level in the resevoir the whole system will eventual bleed the air through?
Yes. It wont hurt to flush the cylinders but UTTO would be my choice for flush.

Dan