fitting an Australian made Hercules 1200 series ROPS to a B7100

koppel

Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne,Australia
Hi again all.

Well its so lovely and sunny Sunday afternoon, here in country Victoria Australia, and "she whom must be obeyed" has gone off to the supermarket.

So what better time to put our new (S/H) B7100 into the middle of the car parking pad and try and fit the brand new Hercules 1200 series ROPS.

Needless to say what should have been quite an easy half hour task turned out not to be.

Infact its not yet completed due to:-

a. The need to make up spacers after an origionally fitted, upper 3 point chain hook bracket required removal, and left the rear seat mounting bracket hanging 6mm above its origional mounting location.

b. Not having all the required tools to hand. Principally a 1/2' drive tension wrench and 1/2' drive allen key to suit the supplied bolts. And also a 1/2' drive speed brace and some metric sockets.

c. Small angle grinder with cut off wheel, to do some slight "ADJUSTMENTS" to the rear PTO cover. And a sharp round and flat file.

d. A good strong cup of Coffee.. !!!!! and / or Tea. Forget the beer, this job requires the afore mentioned 'strong' drinks to complete.

e. Also some anti seize thread compound would have been helpful.

I have made a video, as I have been going along, so need to figure how to post that in a way that fokes can easily see it.

At the moment it will be in a few parts. Maybe I should try and edit it, and make it one complete video when I film the remaining assembly over the next few days.

Dash, better half is back with car and I cannot pick up the rear implement (4ft box blade) to move B7100 out of way of car..

At least her Irish redhead temperment is cool.

More of this tale to come...

david

ROPS as shipped
ROPS unpacked