Fishing kayak for big fella

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
Hi Guys...Looking for some recommendations on a fishing kayak (sit atop.) My son is 16 and 6'6" 1/2, 288 lbs and wants to purchase one. Anyone have one they like that would accommodate him?

I do not know from where he came, I'm not nearly that big.

Thanks everyone
Gary

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
I was shopping for a stable fishing-style kayak for photo use and bought a Hobie Outback. They also make 12 and 14 ft. Pro Anglers that are awesome, but heavy, dedicated fishing kayaks. These Hobies have the Mirage drive (like a recumbent stepper), so he would have to make sure he could comfortably pedal them given his height. Many kayak dealers have field days at a local lake where you can test out different brands. The Hobies are pricey, but they are great boats.

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
I was shopping for a stable fishing-style kayak for photo use and bought a Hobie Outback. They also make 12 and 14 ft. Pro Anglers that are awesome, but heavy, dedicated fishing kayaks. These Hobies have the Mirage drive (like a recumbent stepper), so he would have to make sure he could comfortably pedal them given his height. Many kayak dealers have field days at a local lake where you can test out different brands. The Hobies are pricey, but they are great boats.
Thanks CC. Def looking like a bump up to something that will support him, will be a decent jump in price. Can't put a price on your kid's safety though.

yoteantidote

May 12, 2016
Argentine, Mi
Jackson Big Rig-end of discussion, however not entry level price.
I’m 6’4” and 275lbs and I can stand in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk