First Tractor - L3130 GST with FEL and Box Scrape

vanhanz

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, Hustler SD60, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans 4x4
Aug 1, 2018
GA
I've been lurking here for a few weeks, I found a used L3130 GST tractor with around 950 hours for under 10k. I bought it. FEL works, PTO works, engine and shifting seem strong but its a bit ugly. There is surface rust in many area, around a lot of the bolts, and the paint is faded. It was an estate situation where the previous owner's family had it out in the elements and just now decided to sell it.

I figured if it runs well I can fix the cosmetic issues, stop the rust, repaint, then change the filters and fluids I should be good to go. They claimed it was serviced by Kubota and had recently had clutch work done so the hydraulic fluid should be fine. I'm working on getting the service records.

Good deal? Since it was sitting out uncovered what would you check mechanically?

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Van. Glad that you joined and you came to the right place to get answers.

Since it was outside, check all the hydraulic hoses as it will be a big mess if one burst. Also check the tires for cracks and dry rot.

Changing the fluids and filters would be my second task after the one above.

Post some pictures and keep us informed as you go along cleaning it up.

vanhanz

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, Hustler SD60, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans 4x4
Aug 1, 2018
GA
Thank you Mickey! There are cracks in the tires and it looks like the beginning or some dry rot. My buddy suggested to put some slime in the tires until I can find a new set. Also the hydraulic hoses aren't in the best shape, the seller took $300 off so I can get a new set. I'm planning on having some made soon. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm allowed. I just bought 30 acres and will mostly use it for bush hogging, limb cleanup, and putting in a driveway until I'm ready to build on it next year. Very excited!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Sounds like you have a good handle on things.

Yes, it is an exciting time when you get in the saddle and see what you can do. :) Enjoy.