First time removal MMM 60 inch deck on BX2360

p020554

Equipment
BX2360, MMM 60, Front snow blade 60, Disc harrow 60
Dec 17, 2011
Iowa City, Iowa
I need to remove the RCK60B-23BX mid mount mower deck before I can have the dealer assemble and mount the new snow blade. The owners manual for the mower deck describes in great detail the assembly and installation of the mmm deck, but is no help with process of removal. Having never tried this before, I may just follow the install instructions in reverse,...which seems pretty clear cut until the part about removing the drive shaft from the mid PTO. Would appreciate any help with some tips for removing the 60 inch mmm deck. Thanks!

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Yea, if you don't know how to remove it, it's frustratting. BTDT. Ever use a quick disconnect air or water hose?? The outer ring has to be slid back to release balls that hold the connection together. Same way on the mmm driveshaft. There is a collar (sleeve) on the mmm shaft at the rear, close to the trans, It must be slid foward to release the balls that hold it to the stub that comes out of the trans. I don't think mine had ever been off in 300 hrs of operation and it was full of rust and muck. Took a lot of sprying with pb blaster and an air hose before I finally got it off.
You have to push rearward on the shaft while pulling the sleeve fwd and then pull the shaft fwd while holding the sleeve fwd.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Page 18 of my mower manual, bottom right side of the page details "REMOVING THE MOWER DECK".

It really is pretty simple; like ipz2222 says, if it hasn't been off in a while, the shaft may take a bit of fooling with, but it is pretty straightforward.