first time owner

boch

Equipment
L3901 land pride 5' cutter FEL
Dec 24, 2014
bassett virginia
I bought my first tractor. l3901 with a 5' land pride cutter and a FEL. Its raining here for the past few days. But I did grade some stone in the drive way and pushed some unwanted trees and brush out of the way. I am very impressed with this machine. Wife was laughing at me cause I was standing in the rain hosing her down.

NS kubota

Equipment
Kubota MX4800, Norse 350 logging winch, Hla 2042 pallet forks, Woods BSS60
Dec 21, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
My dad and I are looking at buying the same tractor did you get a shuttle shift or hst? This tractor should have all the power most people should need the tractor will run any piece of gear required. A friend of mine has a ford 1700 1980 model about 24 hp and everyone in the village has used it more than enough hp. I have seen him haul a cord of green fire wood on a power trailer and drag 2-3 good size logs behind the trailer at just over an idle. Being around tractors all my life (lost my right thumb at age 4 in the rad fan of one) Kubota seems to be the king of 50 hp and under tractors most other tractor brands don't build their own compact tractors ie. john deere is a yanmar with green paint. resale is higher than other brands as well. Good luck with your new toy you won't regret buying a Kubota.

boch

Equipment
L3901 land pride 5' cutter FEL
Dec 24, 2014
bassett virginia
Thank you. I have 7 hrs on her now. I am very happy withe everything on this tractor. I got the hst, a little noisy. Might get quieter with more use

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thank you. I have 7 hrs on her now. I am very happy withe everything on this tractor. I got the hst, a little noisy. Might get quieter with more use

When you get to the ol 50 hour mark, if you manual says change the hydraulic fluid, go ahead and get the S-UDT2 in it, it will hurt your pocketbook, but it will help your ears!:) It will also help in the flowing in cold too!

You get you new machine from Jeff over in Vinton??

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I bought my first tractor. l3901 with a 5' land pride cutter and a FEL. Its raining here for the past few days. But I did grade some stone in the drive way and pushed some unwanted trees and brush out of the way. I am very impressed with this machine. Wife was laughing at me cause I was standing in the rain hosing her down.
Boch,

Welcome to OTT world. Did you get some tractor wax for it?

Burt