First time mowing with new F 2690

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
After spending around 10 hours for the last two days clearing up storm debris with my chainsaw and Deere 955 with loader, I finally had the chance to mow my 5 acre property for the first time with my new F 2690.

I love the cut quality and it is definitely faster than using my Deere 955 with its 72" midmount deck. The rear discharge is great since it will mow flush either side but what I really like is not having all of the clipping and debris blowing back on me. What a HUGE difference from the side discharge on the tractor in not getting coated with clippings.

This first cut took about 90 minutes with a definite learning curve so I will get faster and it was interesting transitioning from using the Deere two pedal hydrostat in the morning and then the Kubota treadle pedal this afternoon. I initially hated it but once I got used to it I started really liking it for mowing. I am still being cautious with the rear end swing with the rear steer setup until I get used to it, much like using the 3 point field mower on my Deere when working near a fence line :)

The ride is comfortable over my less than glass smooth property and I think I got the seat position, weight adjustment, lumbar, and tilt dialed in to what I want near the end of the mowing session. I checked the grills and screen 30 minutes in, the grill had a very small amount of grass with nothing on the hydraulic cooler and radiator screen so the engine compartment hood/screen is doing a nice job. I only had to slow down for bogging down in part of the area near the creek where the grass was already VERY high, the 955 would have probably gone through this faster with its higher HP engine but I just slowed down for those sections to avoid putting too much load on a new engine. Normally the grass won't get that high and for the 2 acres closest to the house I could go as fast as I wanted but it has been a strange storm filled spring leading to a very thick and tall grass area at the south end of my property.

Bottom line is I am really happy I decided on the 2690 after looking first at ZTR and then front mount mowers from both Deere and Kubota. It definitely adds to quality of life!

Rodger

2A8A8623.jpg

2A8A8617.jpg

2A8A8627.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users